Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it was going to be a quick job today - plumbing in the drainage for a basin in our downstairs loo.

When I put in a new soil pipe in the summer I made sure I got one with an additional side boss. Today, armed with my hole cutter... I discovered the hole cutter isn't deep enough and bottoms out on the boss. No problem, get a normal drill bit and chain drill... except I'm drilling onto the outside of a curved surface, so I've left quite a few bits of plastic untouched. No problem, I'll get a chisel to finish off... and now I've cracked the boss! :cry: :cry:

I've had to find a pipe slighlt larger, araldite it over the top to form a collar, and tomorrow I'll stick the cracked bits back into the collar. Hopefully it'll seal OK, in the meantime it all smells of soil pipe, and we can't use the dishwasher or washing machine as they all go into the same soil pipe :(

M

·
0 Posts
Plumbing....don't you just love it! This morning we couldn't get any water from the cold tap in the kitchen. It's frozen at some point from when the mains supply feeds through the cellar. I think it's actually frozen the pipe in the kitchen. The pipe runs very close to the floor under the cupboards and it's bloody cold in there at the best if times. I doubt it'll thaw, but to on the safe side, I've turned the mains off under the house. So, before we can shower in the morning, I need to go outside into the artic, scramble around under the house and turn the supply back on. I just hope the pipe hasn't split...I'll find out in about 6 months when the weather improves:mad.
Hope your plumbing issues are quickly resolved:)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I discovered the hole cutter isn't deep enough and bottoms out on the boss. No problem, get a normal drill bit and chain drill... except I'm drilling onto the outside of a curved surface, so I've left quite a few bits of plastic untouched. No problem, I'll get a chisel to finish off... and now I've cracked the boss! :cry: :cry:

I've had to find a pipe slighlt larger, araldite it over the top to form a collar, and tomorrow I'll stick the cracked bits back into the collar. :(
Always good to know that real craftsmen still exist in this day and age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts