Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this site for several months and appreciate all the solid advice and information. I am a dry Alphaholic about to fall off the wagon. In the late 80's my brothers and I obtianed a used GTV Alphetta litterally towed home from a barn (the dust from the air vents almosted ended that event quick). Though it was very unique and cool to my friends, we didn't know much about cars and had it in the shop more than on the road. We loved it.
My ambition is to find a GTV6 in decent shape, love and care for it for a few years, then do a total, to the bone, restoration in my garage. Being that I have sand or soda blasted about 30 cars in the last two years, I think I am up for the job (at least I will have that thing stripped to the bone - fleshing it back together will require friend's help).
Hope to learn a lot more and add some if needed. Like I said, I know the ins and outs of sandblating and using lots of different media for different parts and reasons.

Regards,

John Napier

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Hello John and welcome to AO :thumbs:
Hope you have fun with your GTV6 project. It WILL be worth it:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. glad to be in good information company. I have lots to learn and this is the place I need - plenty of information before I endulge and many helping hands to get me there.

I start my first year of teaching in a week and that gives me license to obtain a car. Once things settle down I will make a methodical search and probibly won't start working on it till the summer. I plan to blog it so I will link it here to keep people posted.

thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts