Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I currently have no indicators or hazard lights on the car. This was because of a short in the right front indicator being 'fixed' incorrectly. I need to replace the flasher unit but ...........

to cut a long story short, I need to be absolutely positive that I am trying to put the new flasher unit in the correct socket in the fusebox.

It is either E1, E2, E8 or E15. I think it is E2 but as I said, I need to be positive. My manual does not give the same numbering as my car and the layout of the fusebox is slightly different meaning I can't trust it.

Can someone please confirm asap.

Muchly appreciated.
Brian

·
Registered
258 Posts
The blue relay is the flasher one, make sure its push in fully, it used to wingle it way out, every 6 months or so. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D, my problem is that currently because of the botched fix, there is no flasher unit in at all, so I have 4 possible places I can put it - 4 empty slots. That picture suggests that it is E2 that it goes in to, but as you can see from that picture there are 3 other empty sockets aswell as the correct one. If that picture is correct then my problem is solved.

Why, after putting the new flasher unit in, would I NOT get ANY clicking at all ????????? The bulbs and fuses are fine :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just checked the maintenance cd. The blue one in your photo is the flasher relay, adjacent to the 20A fuse for the elec windows. The one missing above it is for the Sunroof. Also check the 10A hazard light fuse in P1, and the directional lights 7.5A in P17.
Hope this answers your questions ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks D, now I know why I burned out 2 flasher units. I was being told to put them in the sunroof slot. They burn out after about 3 seconds @ €23 a pop.

Now I just need to know why, after putting it in the right slot, there is absolutely no clicking of any kind :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
Check the plug fitting into which the relay goes into for burning corrosion. This happened to me of the interior fan before, just a matter of scraping it out. In your case it might be advisable to disconnect the battery, if u can, unless your 16v has the code issue, where u can't remove the live.
Maybe an auto electrician, might be the best course of action at this stage, especially if the relays are so costly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts