Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my dip beam bulbs has gone, and I'm too busy/stressed to faff about in the cold. Will the usual suspects like Halfords be able to fit new ones or is it on their list of don't-touch-with-a-bargepole cars?

The other thing is that a lot of folk complain about the weak lights, but I thought mine were OK. Any bulb recommendations?

Ta! :)

M

·
0 Posts
I got some osram night breakers and they are a nice upgrade. only took me 5min to change them :)

M

·
0 Posts
Need the same bulbs on main beam now as well as the dip bulbs are noticebly better at illuminating than mains now lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hello trashbat, mr-mac is spot on. I can't comment about Halfords, suffice to say I do all my own work. Osram Night Breakers have made a huge difference to my night time driving....I replaced dip and main beam bulbs and the improvement is massive. Also replaced H6W side light bulbs with LED bulbs....they are in for the past six months and so far the skin on my hands remains perfect. Have a coffee, de-stress and do the bulbs yourself :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
eurocarparts did the nightbreakers for a not bad price when I did them (handy if you've a local one).

John

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Rob it will take you 30 seconds to change a bulb max. put a coat on :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
If you plan to drive at night I would get them changed, one of mine went as I was driving, I was pulled buy the police, and had to take a slip to MOT station to get stamped, and then send back to cops. Lots of hastle and if I had not known the MOT station I would have been charged £12. Easy job, but make sure you seat the bulbs in correctly

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the diagram from this thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/79577-headlamp-bulbs-how-do-you-get-them-out.html which let me get one of the bulbs released but not out in about 10 minutes, then out completely in 20 (requires you disconnect the lead). In the end I couldn't be arsed and paid someone a tenner to do them both - shameful I know! :eek:

As for bulbs I got a twin pack of Osram Nightbreaker Plus from Euro Car Parts for £21.

Edit: The ones I took out were Gerlux 55W and I thought they were alright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts