Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,prob not the best day to be needing quick help as there are better things to be doing :)

Doing an alternator change on my JTS .Its a vile job,but getting there slowly.
I don't know what this connector is for or where it goes.It is directly under the intake plenum,and comes up through the bracket that holds the plenum in place. I did not disconnect it(and its spring is still there so unlikely to have slipped off) There is only a very small area it could connect to anything as its a short cable.There is nothing for it to connect to as far as i can see. Whilst i'm almost certain it is unused,its in such a *&%^ place,i don't want to be stripping the engine back down again to get to it if i'm wrong

Happy New Year :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Fuel vapour recovery?

If you look under the plenum there's a pipe ending in a lumpy bit of plastic. That's the fuel vapour recovery solenoid. It may come from there.

Alternatively, peel back the rubber boot and let us know the wire colours ( main and tracer ).

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the fuel thingy,that is on the end by the throttle body and I know the plug for that.

Wires are 1 solid yellow and 1 white with black stripe
Thanks
(wasn't expecting such a quick response :) )

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Can't see anything that really matches that in the workshop manual. Also checked the CF3 TS in case it was a legacy connector not removed for the JTS - but again, nothing.

It could be something unrelated to engine management...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your time pkr

I'm going to have to trust myself on this,i know i didn't disconnect it and with those types of sockets (if it was on properly) the wires are more likely to break than it come open if its from me pulling on it inadvertently. The whole cable still has its part number label 60673446 and is listed on eper as ignition harness. It connects to (from socket end) fuel vapour recovery,then the 4 injectors,then two sensors under the injectors (oil temp and knock ?) then one to starter and one to alternator and one to a sensor below the starter motor and finally my little orphan .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts