Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically - where is the best place for me to get hold of the hose indicated below? For my 205 I tend to use GSF, is there a reasonably priced alfa alternative?

Was driving back from the airport last night, 'enjoying' the noise of the v6 through a tunnel and noticed liquid shooting out through the drivers shutline of the bonnet behind the headlamp :wow: so pulled over quite scared. The (rather crappy and ancient) hose above had split, spunking coolant all over the place. Glad it was nothing more dramatic! Any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump ;)

If anyone knows anywhere near central london/putney/wandsworth that might stock the hose that would be even better

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
its probably a dealer only parts unless you get lucky from a local factor. Somewhere like EB spares or Alfashop will have it, but depends how ungent it is needed.

HTH

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
How about a breaker? There are usually several on Ebay at any one time. Also, I think Samco in St. Albans do silicone hose sets. Fiendishly expensive but they look cool!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks chaps much appreciated. I'll have a look at breakers etc locally as I need this fairly soon

Cheers :)

Completely off topic, I've just had the car back on the road (before it broke again) after a few weeks laid up, and familiarity had truly bred contempt - I remembered it being rather boomy, bumpy with really heavy controls, but my first drive was an absolute revelation. It's such an awesome car to drive, the handling with the sport button is far better than it has any right to be and as for the engine :cool: on the way back from Stanstead the other night went through a few tunnels just outside the city, and it really does sound spind tingling above 5.5k rpm. Tried to record the noise on my phone but it wouldn't come out. Thanks to everyone on the forum for answering the odd question I may have as it makes the difference between being able to afford to run a car like this and driving something 'reliable'. Love it :D

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I've got a hole in that one as well. The AA man chopped it in half and put some sort of gasket thing and a load of jubilee clips on it on the Autobahn when the previous guy owned it and it's still on there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah. Wish mine was more resourceful, he just took one look at it and got the flatbed :rolleyes:

:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts