Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got a GT 3.2 Lusso '06 and I got a Connect Nav+ in it with su woofer in the trunk but I can't adjust Loudness, Equalizer etc. As I figured thanks to the manual I found on this forum for the Connect Nav+ I don't got HI-FI Bose System in my car.
What are the differences in my system I got in my car and the HI-FI Bose system?
I can only for example turn the volume up to 25 on the head unit, is it the same in HI-FI system?

I got FW version 4.08 and HW version 10.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Normally, if you have Bose, the equalizer, loudness etc. on the HU are disabled, as Bose in their wisdom don't want you messing with the sound ;) Also the speaker output level is reduced to a hi-level line output.
As you also have a sub in the trunk, I would suspect you have Bose. With Bose the amp is integrated with the sub housing ....
Usually the front tweeters also have a "Bose" emblem on the grill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally, if you have Bose, the equalizer, loudness etc. on the HU are disabled, as Bose in their wisdom don't want you messing with the sound ;) Also the speaker output level is reduced to a hi-level line output.
As you also have a sub in the trunk, I would suspect you have Bose. With Bose the amp is integrated with the sub housing ....
Usually the front tweeters also have a "Bose" emblem on the grill
Yes I have Bose emblems on tweeters on the doors but there is no tweeters behind the grill. Was told on another Alfa forum that there is no tweeters there, instead they are placed with the other speaker on the door.

So, what's the difference between my Bose system and HI-FI System as mentioned in the manual? According to my specs on my GT I should not have the subwoofer.

Specs:
Vehicle Data
MVS / CPOS Engine
125.437.0GT 3.2 V6 24V 240CV CM L2
Engine nr. Transmission
External color Interior colour
846 NERO JARAMA Metallizzato
Optionals
Installed Optionals
904 TELEMATIC NUCLEUS WITH NAVIGATOR WITH MA
850 ITALIAN OWNER'S MANUAL
762 LUGGAGE HOLDING WEBBING
749 NON-STANDARD CODE
740 WINTER PACK
732 NON-STANDARD UPHOLSTERY 2
709 ELECTRIC CONTROLS FOR RADIO AND TELEPHON
5AK LUXURY PACK
56J NON-STANDARD ALLOY WHEELS 10
530 ITALY CD FOR NAVIGATOR
508 PARKING CONTROL
4G0 VARIOUS ADAPTATIONS 1 M.Y.2004
459 TRIP COMPUTER
454 ROTATING HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE SEAT OPPOSITE
432 ALLOY WHEELS+NON-STANDARD TYRES 2
416 CRUISE CONTROL
392 VEHICLE DYNAMIC CONTROL
350 COLD CLIMATES PACK
230 GAS DISCHARGE HEADLAMPS
213 ALARM
210 METALLIC PAINTWORK
140 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING
102 HEADLIGHT WASH/WIPE
076 6 SPEED​

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Yes I have Bose emblems on tweeters on the doors but there is no tweeters behind the grill. Was told on another Alfa forum that there is no tweeters there, instead they are placed with the other speaker on the door.

So, what's the difference between my Bose system and HI-FI System as mentioned in the manual? According to my specs on my GT I should not have the subwoofer.
That's correct, with the Bose system there are no tweeters behind the grils, Bose uses co-axial speakers whereby the tweeters are placed in front of the main speakers in the doors....

re differences Bose/non-Bose, see the manual page 145 etc
gt.pdf

Basically differences are different speakers, addition of amplifier with higher power output compared to standard radio and with equalisation tuned to the GT, and addition of subwoofer

HI-FI BOSE SYSTEM
(for versions/markets where
applicable)
The HI-FI BOSE system installed on your
car has been accurately designed to offer
outstanding sound quality and reproduce the
musical realism of a live concert, for all the
seats in the passenger compartment.
The system’s features include outstanding
faithful reproduction of crystalline treble
tones and full, rich basses which among other things, make the Loudness function superfluous. In addition, the complete range
of the sounds is reproduced in the whole passenger compartment enveloping the occupants with the natural spatial sensation that
is felt when listening to live music.
The components adopted are patented and
are the result of the most sophisticated technology, but at the same time they are easy
and intuitive to use, so that even less expert
people can use the system.

Technical information
System comprises:
– 4 high efficiency woofers with diameter
165 mm, two at the front and two at the
back, each having a coaxial tweeter inside;
– 1 bass box with a volume of 12 dm3
housed on the left-hand side of the boot;
– 1 high power HI-FI amplifier (150W)
with 6 channels, analogue equalising in amplitude signal phase and with 130 mm diameter sub-woofer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's correct, with the Bose system there are no tweeters behind the grils, Bose uses co-axial speakers whereby the tweeters are placed in front of the main speakers in the doors....

re differences Bose/non-Bose, see the manual page 145 etc
gt.pdf

Basically differences are different speakers, addition of amplifier with higher power output compared to standard radio and with equalisation tuned to the GT, and addition of subwoofer

HI-FI BOSE SYSTEM
(for versions/markets where
applicable)
The HI-FI BOSE system installed on your
car has been accurately designed to offer
outstanding sound quality and reproduce the
musical realism of a live concert, for all the
seats in the passenger compartment.
The system’s features include outstanding
faithful reproduction of crystalline treble
tones and full, rich basses which among other things, make the Loudness function superfluous. In addition, the complete range
of the sounds is reproduced in the whole passenger compartment enveloping the occupants with the natural spatial sensation that
is felt when listening to live music.
The components adopted are patented and
are the result of the most sophisticated technology, but at the same time they are easy
and intuitive to use, so that even less expert
people can use the system.

Technical information
System comprises:
– 4 high efficiency woofers with diameter
165 mm, two at the front and two at the
back, each having a coaxial tweeter inside;
– 1 bass box with a volume of 12 dm3
housed on the left-hand side of the boot;
– 1 high power HI-FI amplifier (150W)
with 6 channels, analogue equalising in amplitude signal phase and with 130 mm diameter sub-woofer.
So there is one bass box (placed on the left hand side of the boot with I have) and an additional 130mm sub woofer?
Does anybody knows where the amplifier is placed?
As I mentioned before, according to Alfa Romeo Sweden my GT shouldn't have the bass box / sub woofer on the left hand side of the boot but I have seen it with my own eyes. I talked to the owners before me and none of them had installed this.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
So there is one bass box (placed on the left hand side of the boot with I have) and an additional 130mm sub woofer?
Does anybody knows where the amplifier is placed?
It's part of the bass box.... edit: on the GT, it's separate, located in boot, see file

see also:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts