Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Giulietta uses a kkk03, Should you not be able to mod a Golg GTI DP to fit?

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Paul, what happened to Hygrade ?...
No idea about the Turbo, sorry

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Jeeeeeeeewhizzzz, I can't believe you were thinking the SAME thing I was thinking after the DP discussion on the "other" forum!

I say take to FRC or whoever sells DP's...there's alot of Flowtech DP's doing the rounds that are aparently very good...and have them take off the GQV DP and try and fit the GTi/A3 K03 DP...but isnt the turbo's mounted differently? But that's not biggie...as long as you have the paceplate mated to the turbo, the size etc in 76mm you can get your guy at Dutch to bend a 76mm nicely!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
First problem is that the VAG turbo sit behind the motor and the Alfa’s sit in front of the motor like a proper car’s should.

The flange could possibly be the same.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha to answer the q.. NO the gti is a bolt on DP where the giulietta is a clamp

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Was again thinking the same thing...don't worry, as soon as I take the plunge I'll explore aalllllll these probabilities!!!

I'm sure it must!!!

imagine..a k04 turbo, CPi map, S3 sized cooler, an oil cooler for good measure, modified ITG intake, water meth injection, K04 DP and full catback exhaust....OMG! That's 300BHP+ easy!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually never checked if the QV has a oil cooler. I believe the ST has a similar DP

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Similar to what? GQV?

Let them build it...someone pls borrow Slave Paul a car for 3 days so that much need development can be done to the GQV in SA!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Ohk..so the clamp goes around that clamp mouth..nice, it must be a heavy duty clamp then!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Its shocking how when you look at different manufacturers' aftermarket parts, you somehow see the resemblance in your manufacturer...how much you want to bet me that Alfa's share more than a Turbo from Borg Wagner with a VW?

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hectic clamp... lol tension springs and all

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
That Rgazon Dp...what is the diameter of the turbo outlet into the DP? And what is the diameter of the DP into the exhaust? It looks very small...maybe some more horses to be released by just upgrading to a 76mm straight through with some boxes at the back?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
This car has a lot of potential...someone (Mater Paul) must just unlock it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts