Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, how often (miles/years) should you change the cambelt, water pump, tentioners, etc on a 156 2.5l v6?

Also, how long should you go between services? Is it every 12000 miles? Or how many years should it be?

My car has currently done 117300 miles and the last cambelt, etc change was done at 74735 miles in March 2003. The last service was done at 110239 miles in May 2008.

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Officially the V6 is still 5 years or 72k

I would change it at 48k or 4 years whichever is sooner.

The V6 belts don't snap as often as TS ones.

And change the oil every 6k, not every 12k as Alfa recommened. The 12k Interval was to make the car appear cheaper to run for fleets etc...

·
Registered
185 Posts
60,000 or four years is the recommended new interval by Autolusso, water pump is not run off cambelt but you might as well change it each time with the cambelt for peice of mind and it will be cheaper too!!
Most people only have to pay for one change during ownership, 60,000 is a long time owning the same car!

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
60,000 or four years is the recommended new interval by Autolusso, water pump is not run off cambelt but you might as well change it each time with the cambelt for peice of mind and it will be cheaper too!!
Most people only have to pay for one change during ownership, 60,000 is a long time owning the same car!
whats waterpump driven off???:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers guys.

I shall be booking car in for a service and belt change then.

What do you guys thinks would be an average fee for service and cambelt, waterpump, tentioner change?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts