Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Among the mountain of parts in my garage waiting to be fitted to my GTV I have got a set of Eibachs and a Cup front spoiler. I live on an estate riddled with speed bumps and have a few more to negotiate at work. Do you have any dramas with speed bumps etc with your Cups/Cup-a-likes? I don't want to spend hours lovingly bringing my spoiler back to pristine condition and fitting it to my car etc only to lose it within 500m of my house. Cheers

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The cup is the only car I've owned that I can't drive up car ramps. I'm just extra cautious going over speed bumps but generally OK.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I scrape mine getting out my drive everyday on normal suspension. Sucks because I wanted to get it lowered but that's a no go

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm getting flash backs to extended time carefully restoring my cup lip.

First trip out after refitting, scraped up the entry to the petrol station forecourt.
I then drove the lip into a curb at the air and water.

Mine is slightly lower than most eibach setups.

Speed bumps I've never had a problem.. just go slow.

Inclines and ramps are do able providing you can go diagonally off/on them at least until the front lip is clear.

most multi story car parks are a no go.

Lowered with cup splitter and equal length downpipes can be quite stressful at times.

Do get the occasional rear wheel off the floor though which is fun

Reactions: El 4 Romeo

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am always extra cautious over speed bumps and every little incline getting in and out of car parks or petrol stations
Luckily the Cup is not a daily drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
It's because the Cup front spoiler protrudes further forward than the std front & therefore meets inclines/kerbs/speed humps etc slightly earlier/before the wheels do & start to lift the car up. Steep driveways etc are normally worse than speed humps.

Clive

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jowey, Pipolo and Clive... many thanks for the reply. I'll remember to be careful on speed bumps and avoid multi-storey car parks (yaaaay no more taking the current Mrs Nelly shopping) when I get round to fitting it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts