Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the 3.0 firmware released for the iPhone, does anyone know how much mroe functionality in terms of music has been delivered to the mito in particular? Eg can it read through your playlists and play them?

I am currently looking through the thread about the new 3.0 fw in the blue&me forum, but wanted to know of anyone who has used their 3.0 iphone in their mito?

And does anyone know of a new blue&me update? My dealer mentioned it whilst i was ordering my car.

Thanks for all the help :)

In case you are itnerested I ordered a 120hp 1.4litre veloce model in Alfa Red. Should have it in the beginning of August :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Simple answer: No.

B&M tries to access the USB device as a "disk" and tries to read all individual files and constructs it's own library. The iPhone however does not act as a disk USB device, so the B&M can't access this. Only way this would work is if Microsoft would implement the iPhone/iPod interface.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn. I'll have to buy that adapter or get an FM transmitter. Does the blue&me system charge the iPhone?

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is the info from Alfaromeo web site re Blue&me. Doesn't mention anything about OS3 though.

iPhone 3G

Interestingly (or not), I never faced any problems with my iPhone 3G in my Landrover, but since I updated to OS3, the phone always pairs with the car OK, but sometimes I cannot hear the caller, even though they can hear me. Maybe a coincidence, but only started happening since I went to OS3. :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some success with iPhone OS 3.0

Read this thread, so thought I'd give it a try. I have an iPhone 3G (not the S version) with iPhone OS 3.0 software.

The iPhone paired perfectly, and I was able to copy the phone book etc to "The System" as Blue&Me refers to itself :) I couldn't get voice dialing to work at all, but I was able to dial thumbing thought the menus via the stearing wheel buttons without much effort. Dialing was fine, and the sound quality was excellent!

Blue&Me wasn't able to read text messages on the iPhone though, which is a shame, and scrolling through "sent" and "received" messages in the menu just said there was nothing.

I'd never tried with iPhone OS 2.x, but from what I heard it didn't work at all, so this is a step in the right direction. Given we came from a car with no stereo at all (let alone hands free phoning) this is good enough for me now :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I forgot to add: Blue&Me doesn't see any of the music on iPhone 3G, sadly. But memory sticks are cheap, so just throw all your driving tracks onto a 16Gb stick (£12 from Play.com) and you're sorted :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts