Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the excellent queens Square meet is in trouble - it was invaded by traffic wardens on Sunday so everyone (illegally parked) scarpered and created a big jam - the organisers had asked people to keep the noise down and not turn up before 9 but of course there are always some prats ready to spoil it for everyone, the ADC are asking for alternative venues - it would be a real shame to see this unofficial event close but it appears to have got too big for its own good.
Suggestions for an alternative venue | Carsandcoffeebristol

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was there on Sunday - early enough so I managed to find a proper 'space'. Unfortunately there were some idiots revving up - a couple of knobs even did (on cobbles!) burnouts.
And yes, there were 4 traffic wardens and if they are paid by results they'll all be going on some exotic holidays......

It's a great event - one of the best breakfast clubs - with a wonderfully eclectic range of cars . But one day someone is going to get hurt. We are there on sufferance.
My pet hate, other than the rat boys, is people double parking & blocking other drivers (particularly those with 'civilians cars'). If you do double park stay with your car or at least put a contact number on it.

I agree it has outgrown Queens Square. I started going in 2009 when it was referred to as the Avenue Drivers Club (named after the now defunct Avenue Cafe). In winter sometimes the cars barely filled Queen Square Avenue.....

For those of us living in driving distance of Sparkford, Somerset the Haynes Breakfast Club is a pretty good alternative (or addition!) for our Sunday meets. Haynes Breakfast Club

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Guys if you look in the Dorset and Somerset meets thread, I was planning to do a meet on the Sunday 5th June that includes the Haynes Breakfast meet.

Currently asking people to express an interest on that thread

Az

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was there on Sunday - early enough so I managed to find a proper 'space'. Unfortunately there were some idiots revving up - a couple of knobs even did (on cobbles!) burnouts.
And yes, there were 4 traffic wardens and if they are paid by results they'll all be going on some exotic holidays......

It's a great event - one of the best breakfast clubs - with a wonderfully eclectic range of cars . But one day someone is going to get hurt. We are there on sufferance.
My pet hate, other than the rat boys, is people double parking & blocking other drivers (particularly those with 'civilians cars'). If you do double park stay with your car or at least put a contact number on it.

I agree it has outgrown Queens Square. I started going in 2009 when it was referred to as the Avenue Drivers Club (named after the now defunct Avenue Cafe). In winter sometimes the cars barely filled Queen Square Avenue.....

For those of us living in driving distance of Sparkford, Somerset the Haynes Breakfast Club is a pretty good alternative (or addition!) for our Sunday meets. Haynes Breakfast Club

Been meaning to get to the Haynes BC but haven't made it yet, one day - maybe June

1 - 4 of 4 Posts