Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if they are Italian it's mostly VAG biased magazine. Guess what, the most advertisements are from VAG.

Giulia excelled in dynamic tests and although BMW 320d has a M Pack and Giulia does not have a Performance Pack it's a faster car than BMW.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Which Giulia and A4 were they testing? I'm assuming diesel versions, but which ones?

Interesting to see that both the A4 and BMW, with much wider tyres, fall behind the Alfa when cornering and also regarding ride comfort.

Well done Giulia!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which Giulia and A4 were they testing? I'm assuming diesel versions, but which ones?

Interesting to see that both the A4 and BMW, with much wider tyres, fall behind the Alfa when cornering and also regarding ride comfort.
Giulia should also have 255 tires at the back.

Giulia was with Lusso Pack.

·
Registered
591 Posts
What is the confort suspensioni chart representative of? Both the Alfa and c-class are seem to be on the other end of the scale to the 3series and a4 so I'm guessing a lower score equals better ride comfort?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
What is the confort suspensioni chart representative of? Both the Alfa and c-class are seem to be on the other end of the scale to the 3series and a4 so I'm guessing a lower score equals better ride comfort?
The chart is in metres per second squared, so acceleration. One G is about 9.8 metres per second squared, for example.

So yes, on that chart, lower is better. Lower acceleration experienced as a result of suspension travel means higher comfort.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Weird that they are comparing the two-door versions of the BMW, Merc and Lexus with the Giulia - why not the four-door cars?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
They had to give them some handicap to be able to catch up :).

·
Registered
445 Posts
Weird that they are comparing the two-door versions of the BMW, Merc and Lexus with the Giulia - why not the four-door cars?
That's what I have been saying since the "road tests" started to appear. The comparison is almost always against 2 door coupes, mainly the M4, which should have a clear body rigidity advantage.

The fact the Giulia (and the AMG C63 according to Car Magazine) are kicking the arses of 2-doors cars tells a lot, on the other hand :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
the evo report is great, brilliant in fact, its at least as good as the very best and better than the BMW, result

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
The vision angles diagram in Quattroruote backs up the Clarkson feeling that the b-pillar is a bit enclosing. Twice the obscuration of the German rivals when looking across the car.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the evo report is great, brilliant in fact, its at least as good as the very best and better than the BMW, result

Yet also unfair as they pitched the Giulia against coupes, not saloons, and, in the Merc's case, a good £10,000 more expensive!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts