Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After having my car for a week to sort out my C365 gearbox Autolusso have also fitted my cloverleaf with a Quaife LSD (after a little uncertainty from me and a little persuasiveness from Ned!).

I wasn't going to have it fitted initially but as it turned out the gearbox didn't cost as much as it might have to replace what was worn and so I agreed to fit the Quaife as extra - the whole gearbox has to be taken out in order to repair the parts but if I wanted the Quaife later it'd need removal again so it does make sense to get it done all in one go which'd ultimately be cheaper than stripping the gearbox twice!

Only had the car back a couple of days, and have been driving it with the wife in the passenger seat who doesn't appreciate any creative driving, but already the difference is phenomenal and coming off a sharp bend or off a roundabout is a lot more fun now! Used to be certain bends would cause obvious understeer if taken too spiritedly but now it's no trouble at all. I am yet to truly thrash it round too much as I haven't been out on my own, but look forwards to it and don't expect I'll be let down from what I've experienced so far!

If your going to get your car remapped I'd say this is a serious consideration to ensure you can get the most out of the car!
I'm wasn't 100% sure I'd need the Quaife as an upgrade but am already v. pleased I got it. Hope this little bit of feedback is helpful to anyone considering it in the future.

·
Vendor
46,138 Posts
If your going to get your car remapped I'd say this is a serious consideration to ensure you can get the most out of the car!
I'm wasn't 100% sure I'd need the Quaife as an upgrade but am already v. pleased I got it. Hope this little bit of feedback is helpful to anyone considering it in the future.
Reminds me of 2008 when I first got the Q2 diff fitted in my 3 litre 156 - I didn't realise then just how much better it would make the car. For me now, an LSD is essential for any FWD car that's going to be driven hard.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have had my QV for a few weeks not and not seen much need for more power or indeed bettering the road holding. However I guess my driving is fast but sensible... Too worries about whacking those 18" wheels to experiment with the limits of things...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi all,

After having my car for a week to sort out my C365 gearbox Autolusso have also fitted my cloverleaf with a Quaife LSD (after a little uncertainty from me and a little persuasiveness from Ned!).

I wasn't going to have it fitted initially but as it turned out the gearbox didn't cost as much as it might have to replace what was worn and so I agreed to fit the Quaife as extra - the whole gearbox has to be taken out in order to repair the parts but if I wanted the Quaife later it'd need removal again so it does make sense to get it done all in one go which'd ultimately be cheaper than stripping the gearbox twice!

Only had the car back a couple of days, and have been driving it with the wife in the passenger seat who doesn't appreciate any creative driving, but already the difference is phenomenal and coming off a sharp bend or off a roundabout is a lot more fun now! Used to be certain bends would cause obvious understeer if taken too spiritedly but now it's no trouble at all. I am yet to truly thrash it round too much as I haven't been out on my own, but look forwards to it and don't expect I'll be let down from what I've experienced so far!

So you need to remove the whole gearbox to installe the quaife differential on a c635 box?

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts