Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have installed the quaife diff in my GT 3.2 I am experiencing a knock or sudden wheel spin, when I am full steering lock going forwards. Usually taking off from a parallel parking or during a U-turn. Is this just the LSD locking or did I fxck something up reassembling axles and suspension?

BR Mads

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I don't get any of this. I do a lot of full lock manuevers and it never spins/locks up.

Check your CV joint bolts. Mine worked loose and gave me a bit of a knocking noise for a while.

GT 3.2 v6 with 18" wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't get any of this. I do a lot of full lock manuevers and it never spins/locks up.

Check your CV joint bolts. Mine worked loose and gave me a bit of a knocking noise for a while.

I get the same effect with clutch pack LSDs on other cars (LSD chatter). It's not a wheel spin though - it feels more like a wheel skip or like you've just driven over something.
I did a search on google and apparently Quaife/Torsen diffs do it sometimes. I only get it on slippery/very cold surfaces (rain/snow).

·
Premium Member
45,073 Posts
Wheels can skip even with open diffs. I've noticed it in plenty of different cars coming out of my workshop's driveway, its a full lock left hand turn with loads of incline, and dodgy camber too. I'm particularly careful with lowered cars as I reckon you could scrape downpipes quite easily if not careful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Solved, thank you so much. almost every bolt was a 1/4 turn loose!

·
Premium Member
45,073 Posts
Solved, thank you so much. almost every bolt was a 1/4 turn loose!
They need loctiting when being put back together if they've been undone. I prefer leaving the CV joints alone and removing the driveshafts complete.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this recently too. I've been away from the forum and not been able to post due to technical issues!
Click Click skip at low speeds and full lock, forwards or reverse
Would you believe that it was the passenger side front wheel....bolts had worked loose!!:oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts