Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We at Autolusso have been working with Quaife to develop ATB limited slip differential to fit the C635 gearbox found in the Giulietta QV and Mito QV amongst others. The part number is QDH7E

This is going to be a fantastic modification to an already quick little car

The kit is available excursively from Autolusso at £600 inc VAT, the kit includes 2 bearings and 2 drive shaft oil seals

The fitted price will be around £1,000 inc VAT

Ned

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Any pictures and/or tests you have done with the quife fitted to an actual GQV?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's a really cool update for the remapped cars, will it work well with the stupid electronic Q2 and ESP?
I wish it was possible to turn that crap off..

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
That's a really cool update for the remapped cars, will it work well with the stupid electronic Q2 and ESP?
I wish it was possible to turn that crap off..
Exactly.

Thus I'm asking for tests on an actual GQV, one that's been modded is even better.

I have a modded GQV, running 280bhp easily now, and getting out of corners while accelerating, even half throttle is impossible, the wheels spin and that stupid Q2 eDiff goes crazy not knowing which wheel to brake so what does it do? It takes turns to brake each wheel, left then right then left then right, so you can imagine the steering wheel wobbling as this Q2 eDiff decides what to do. I don't however think it was designed to cope with over 420Nm through those front wheels though...

Getting the GQV off the line with revs is practically impossible without riding the clutch and frying it at the same time...

AutoLusso...i'll be happy to use my tuned GQV as a test mule for one of these:thumbs::lol::cool::D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
In the situation you describe the ATB won't help, as you seem to have lost grip on both wheels. Nothing will help with that, besides reducing power to the wheels so that at least the outside wheel keeps traction.

Softer suspension could help though

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Softer tyres might also help, but they won't last ****ing time with that driving style. Or a change of damper - harder isn't always better. I found Koni FSD excellent at holding the wheels on the road, but the're not available for Giulietta (yet) according to Koni's website.

·
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Softer tyres might also help, but they won't last ****ing time with that driving style. Or a change of damper - harder isn't always better. I found Koni FSD excellent at holding the wheels on the road, but the're not available for Giulietta (yet) according to Koni's website.
The Bilstein B12 kit is available, we have fitted one and the customer was really pleased with it, there is a thread on here about it somewhere

I have been looking into the TCT and I don't think it is going to fit but I have to be honest I am not sure yet.

The QDH7E is now available and on our shop

Quaife (C635) ATB Helical LSD Differential Kit - Autolusso New Alfa Romeo Parts

Ned

·
Registered
8,786 Posts

·
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had been looking into this myself, for the same reason as you guys and wasn't sure either. if it had been thez same diff for sure I might have beaten you with talking to Quaife ;)
I doubt it :D We sell a lot of their product

Anyway we can work on it, I am happy to work with you on this, I could really do with a TCT box to take apart and have a look

I am going the the Quaife factory next week as I want to finish another modification we are working with on the C635 box

Ned

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Ned, what other modification are you working on with the GQV manual box?

I hope it has to do with slicker changes? Dog mounts?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I'd rather order an original TCT diff and see what's what... or wait till I can get one from a destroyed box.
I have given up my car for many things in development sake...you can do it for us with future TcT GQV'S LOL

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
On our GT, the diff performs best with ASR disabled, hence, no electronic interference. VDC is still there as a safety net. For road use, everything gets left on but if you do lose traction, the diff & the ASR don't get on. The car feels surgey. Power - cut - light back end - VDC etc.

With the DNA system, I don't think you can disable ASR, even in D mode but from memory, it'll only kick in if traction is lost so with a proper ATB in place, that'll be hardly never.

·
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ned, what other modification are you working on with the GQV manual box?

I hope it has to do with slicker changes? Dog mounts?
I am going to the Quaife factory on Monday with a late Mito to work on an improved lubrication system, they already have a C635 gearbox I gave them to work on for the diff.

We are making an oil pump to help circulate on the upper bearings

Ned

·
Registered
166 Posts
Quaife diffs kits are here now :thumbs:

Very interesting trip to the quaife factory on Monday, I should have taken some pictures but I was concentrating on the job in hand

Ned
Gorgeous stuff!!! This is something I am really considering in the near future! Let us know how it works with the DNA as well. Soon I will be finishing with the bilstein b12 upgrade and this is next!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts