Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a quote for a MOPAR extended warranty for my Quadrifoglio. £818 for 12 months £1,208 for 24.

Noting how expensive repairs on the Quadrifoglio might be and fact that my car is a 'keeper', I think that's not unreasonable.

Andy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Similarly I'm going for the extended service plan, fourth and fifth year for about £1200.

The big belts job and more should see me in the money, I intend to keep the car as a hobby thing to take apart!

Getting frustrated now waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Similarly I'm going for the extended service plan, fourth and fifth year for about £1200.

The big belts job and more should see me in the money, I intend to keep the car as a hobby thing to take apart!

Getting frustrated now waiting for delivery.
May I have misunderstood your words?

The extended warranty covers only repairs not routine servicing.

Andy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Does the maintenance plan actually save you any money? Sounds just like a finance package to spread the cost of servicing i.e. if the 4th and 5th year servicing typically costs £1200 then you just pay that amount in monthly instalments before the service is due. Is this not the case? Is it more like an insurance policy i.e. if you need more than the usual oi filter, plugs, belts etc is it actually covered? New brake pads / disks?
https://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/content/dam/moc/common/en/maintainance/119660-FCA-MVP-Booklet-Alfa-PDFv7.pdf

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I've got a quote for a MOPAR extended warranty for my Quadrifoglio. £818 for 12 months £1,208 for 24.

Noting how expensive repairs on the Quadrifoglio might be and fact that my car is a 'keeper', I think that's not unreasonable.

Andy
£1,200 for 24 months sounds like a very good deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the maintenance plan actually save you any money? Sounds just like a finance package to spread the cost of servicing i.e. if the 4th and 5th year servicing typically costs £1200 then you just pay that amount in monthly instalments before the service is due. Is this not the case? Is it more like an insurance policy i.e. if you need more than the usual oi filter, plugs, belts etc is it actually covered? New brake pads / disks?
https://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/content/dam/moc/common/en/maintainance/119660-FCA-MVP-Booklet-Alfa-PDFv7.pdf
My thinking is that the big aux belts job comes to over £1200 + vat at an indy? So plus two 9000 mls/12 mth oil service = good deal? I'm trying to include it in the final (discounted) total.

·
Registered
25 Posts
May I have misunderstood your words?

The extended warranty covers only repairs not routine servicing.

Andy
It's got 5 yrs warranty, 3 yrs recovery and 3 yrs service. That's my understanding from the brochure. It looks like you can extend the service element to 5 yrs, seems a bargain if keeping the car beyond 3 yrs?

·
Registered
463 Posts

Andy
Andy, may I ask what level of cover this is? I'll expand on it later but this is the subject that caused me to nearly sell mine in March

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's got 5 yrs warranty, 3 yrs recovery and 3 yrs service. That's my understanding from the brochure. It looks like you can extend the service element to 5 yrs, seems a bargain if keeping the car beyond 3 yrs?
Mine was supplied in early 2017 so had 3 years of warranty and free servicing up to 27,000 miles or 3 years. The prices I've been given provide 1 or 2 years more of warranty, but do not cover further servicing.

Andy

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Like you Andy, I'm going to keep my quad beyond 3 years and definitely want it covered by some sort of warranty, ideally from the manufacturer. I figure £1200 for 2 years is worth the peace of mind on such a complex and potentially ruinously expensive car to fix. My assumption is that the extended warranty is on the same basis as the original warranty. The dealer confirmed to me that the 3rd year of warranty was on the same basis as the first 2 years.

I'm intrigued by ecain's comment though - sounds like a dispute over whether something was covered - can you elaborate?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Having read a detailed description of 2.9 engine, I would pay any amount to cover future repairs. I will also retain my Stelvio QF, since it`s the last of a breed - and very probably, the very best.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Where did you guys go to get a quote for extended warranty? Ive contacted 2 dealers now and have only got a response from one with a PDF but no actual quote for cost.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you guys go to get a quote for extended warranty? Ive contacted 2 dealers now and have only got a response from one with a PDF but no actual quote for cost.
LC Motors Newport

Ask for Mike

Andy

·
Registered
32,000 Posts
I’d think it’s the Q4 that makes the difference. But then losing your insurance excess in a snowy winter...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts