Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Is anyone running quad exhausts (Fox) replacing the two rear silencers but keeping the stock mid section? How does it sound?

Does anyone know how this compares to the Cybox system?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Unicorse replica Wizard.................. google it and then say you want a Cybox system

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I’ve got Fox quads on my CF2 Spider and Ragazzon on my CF3 GTV. If anything I’d say the Fox sounds better but it could be because I generally hear it with the hood down. The Ragga sounds totally different outside the car. Both sound awesome. That said the Ragga is much better built and better quality but costs over £500 compared to £200. I got my Fox 2nd hand and it fitted perfectly but I’ve heard that new they need a bit of adjustment with an angle grinder to fit. If you’re at Beaulieu on Sunday I’ll be there with the Spider if you want a look/listen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unicorse replica Wizard.................. google it and then say you want a Cybox system
Thanks for your replies, I would love a wizard or Ragazzon, unfortunately I've had to spend my exhaust budget on a few things to get it through the MOT. I think I've watched a few of your videos Brad and it does sound good.

I’ve got Fox quads on my CF2 Spider and Ragazzon on my CF3 GTV. If anything I’d say the Fox sounds better but it could be because I generally hear it with the hood down. The Ragga sounds totally different outside the car. Both sound awesome. That said the Ragga is much better built and better quality but costs over £500 compared to £200. I got my Fox 2nd hand and it fitted perfectly but I’ve heard that new they need a bit of adjustment with an angle grinder to fit. If you’re at Beaulieu on Sunday I’ll be there with the Spider if you want a look/listen.
So have you kept the mid section and just installed the fox quads on to that? How is the sound at idle and is there any drone at speed? Beaulieu is a bit far for me unfortunately otherwise I would definitely be there.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
So have you kept the mid section and just installed the fox quads on to that? How is the sound at idle and is there any drone at speed? Beaulieu is a bit far for me unfortunately otherwise I would definitely be there.

Thanks
Yeah... unbolt the back box and the new section bolts straight back on. You need to cut out a section of the back bumper to mirror where the original tail pipe comes out. The LHS uses the original hangers and on the RHS you need to bolt on a bracket (comes with the exhaust and uses a conveniently placed existing thread) to support the exhaust on that side.

How does it sound? I think it is awesome but others may disagree. Exhaust sound is very subjective. What I call ‘sporty’, someone else would consider too loud and boy-racery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts