Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy, it's the french Q4 owner.

Well I need help because i don't find the answer to this question by my friends:

Can i replace the turbo one of Q4 by the turbo one of the 75 1.8 T?

75 : TB03 53 466858-1 60567271 0.48 Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo 1.8
155 Q4 : TB03 67 465103-4 7720276 0.48 89-94 Alfa Romeo 155 16v Q4

I just need a "normal" engine work because my turbo is dead and i must find a temporary solution.
I can buy a good turbo for 75, at very low cost.

With my opinion there are two questions which are important :
- fixing
- compatibility with the engine

Thank you to give me information if you can it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hi fabroc, im sorry i cant help with that question but steve webb should be able to he is the chap in france with the q4, it would be a shame to break the 75 turbo as they are rare as well. the turbo on the q4 is the t3 garret if that helps, i know steve went for t3/4 upgrade because his had probs . can you not have the turbo reconditioned?.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i tried the parts cd as well but dont know how to cross reference the parts as i used to be able to do on the old disk :confused:

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Bad luck m8, A lot of lancias will share the turbo im sure - Lancia engine afterall,

by the way, what happens when a turbo breaks? does it just sieze up and stop spinning? :confused:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, just to say that we have 3 references per turbo :

75 T :
155Q4 :

We can't cross the references between Q4 and 75 T, it is sure that both turbochargers are not exactly the same one's.

And l'm lookink to this turbo because i broke my moneybox with a lot of others parts. :(

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
my friends nissan 180 turbo packed in and it basicly gets stuck and blocks the exhaust gasses can hardly get out , every now and then it would make a horrible ginding noise. i did see someone selling turbo repair kits consisting of new bearings and gaskets it was £91 and reckoned the t3 does not require balancing on a machine just unbolt fit new bearings and stuff and thats it :confused:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Fabroc, have you thought about just getting a regular T3 turbo, then swapping over the impeller housings from your dead turbo so that the flanges match up with the manifold/exhaust. Don't you just love the word Flange?

Anyway, question for you Fab, where the hell do you get small (110L) co2 gas bottles from in France, I need some for my welder. Seems like all the welders sold over here are Arc welders.

Steve

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In fact thanks to God, I just come to find a wreck of Q4.
Now i have the turbo, and the gaz collector to be gone up.
I also have.... a cylinder head of replacement! :D
One will see whether that functions.¶

For the CO2 bottles, I don't see exactly what kind of bottle it is.
But i think you can find that easily.

You could try stores of plumbing.

Look at Cedeo
http://www.cedeo.fr/co_presi/pages/co_presi_frame_home_agenc.htm

or Brossette
http://www.services-pros.com/pls/servicespros/portail_prog.pk_points_de_vente.liste_points_de_vente?p_recherche=D

Also Auto Distribution
http://www.ad-auto.com/reseau/indexreseauto.phtml?choix=advl

or Castorama, Leroy Merlin
or Air Liquide retailers...

Tell me if you don't find.

So long

1 - 9 of 9 Posts