Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
a friend of mine had a broken one and he needed an upgrade
by the time i asked for his broken diff he told me that he already sent it in uk :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The Q4 was never offered for sale in the UK, I've only ever seen one here but it was on French plates so could have been a tourist car. You'll be lucky to find someone in the UK who has one.

Errrrmm - I'll drop in one day with my UK supplied RHD 2.4 159 Sportwagon Ti Q4..... And you can have a look underneath it if you like Pud!

Guy

·
Vendor
45,437 Posts
Errrrmm - I'll drop in one day with my UK supplied RHD 2.4 159 Sportwagon Ti Q4..... And you can have a look underneath it if you like Pud!

Guy
Doh! I was thinking 156 Crosswagon Q4, people have been after Quaife diffs for those for ages.

Your 159 2.4 Sportwagon Q4 is certainly a rare beast though, you have any idea how many of them there are over here?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Doh! I was thinking 156 Crosswagon Q4, people have been after Quaife diffs for those for ages.

Your 159 2.4 Sportwagon Q4 is certainly a rare beast though, you have any idea how many of them there are over here?
I started looking for mine 3 and a bit years ago as a replacement for a Punto Sporting that was just too tiring on longer trips, after a year and finding nothing I was about to give up and get a 1.8 black wagon with tan that popped up but I missed it by a day.. Then a couple of months later a Q4 2.4 saloon surfaced that I thought seriously about and when they mentioned "howmanyleft.co.uk" I decided to check it out and there weren't many! I was about to go see the saloon when Veloces advertised the red Ti 2.4 Q4 I'd been looking for! How Many Left said 4 when I looked but I suspect that there are more than that due to how they were described on the registration documents. Anyhow, I ended up buying it sight unseen on the understanding that it was as described but it wasn't - it had the Alfa ConnectNav unit (negative points), sunroof (okay, put up with it) and Bi-Xenons (cool!).
Haven't regretted it yet!

Guy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I started looking for mine 3 and a bit years ago as a replacement for a Punto Sporting that was just too tiring on longer trips, after a year and finding nothing I was about to give up and get a 1.8 black wagon with tan that popped up but I missed it by a day.. Then a couple of months later a Q4 2.4 saloon surfaced that I thought seriously about and when they mentioned "howmanyleft.co.uk" I decided to check it out and there weren't many! I was about to go see the saloon when Veloces advertised the red Ti 2.4 Q4 I'd been looking for! How Many Left said 4 when I looked but I suspect that there are more than that due to how they were described on the registration documents. Anyhow, I ended up buying it sight unseen on the understanding that it was as described but it wasn't - it had the Alfa ConnectNav unit (negative points), sunroof (okay, put up with it) and Bi-Xenons (cool!).
Haven't regretted it yet!

Guy
Looking again today how many left says that there are 19 159 Ti Q4 JTDM and 16 159 Ti JTDM Q4s out there so, 35 in total of both saloon and wagon variants. Oddly that number increased by 1 in 2016 so I assume it includes a personal import?
Either way we could put all the Stratos replicas and all the 159 2.4 Q4s in a field and the Alfa's would be heavily outnumbered! Probably 4 or 5 to 1!

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Looking again today how many left says that there are 19 159 Ti Q4 JTDM and 16 159 Ti JTDM Q4s out there so, 35 in total of both saloon and wagon variants. Oddly that number increased by 1 in 2016 so I assume it includes a personal import?
Either way we could put all the Stratos replicas and all the 159 2.4 Q4s in a field and the Alfa's would be heavily outnumbered! Probably 4 or 5 to 1!
Any Idea how many 3.2 Q4 159's there are? And I suppose the Quafe prevents the A.B.S. derived function of the four wheel drive system cutting in ? does it affect the central Torsen C in any way?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Any Idea how many 3.2 Q4 159's there are? And I suppose the Quafe prevents the A.B.S. derived function of the four wheel drive system cutting in ? does it affect the central Torsen C in any way?
If you have slip on the whole rear axle while the fronts have traction, both the rears should be braked for the fronts to get more of the torque. But that will happen less now that rears split torque more evenly - so central diff will have to split torque less, will be 50/50 more of the time. Under acceleration - it will be the fronts that loose traction rather than rears, so ABS based LSD function kick in more often at the fronts

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
If you have slip on the whole rear axle while the fronts have traction, both the rears should be braked for the fronts to get more of the torque. But that will happen less now that rears split torque more evenly - so central diff will have to split torque less, will be 50/50 more of the time. Under acceleration - it will be the fronts that loose traction rather than rears, so ABS based LSD function kick in more often at the fronts
So essentially the central diff Torsen double"C" - which includes the front diff - should run cooler as the "Mean Work" it does has been reduced - Yes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys. There are news abuot rear LSD?
My q4 makes clonk when changing gear. Do you have solution.
Now I put 75w140 in central and rear diff and the clonk is decreased

21 - 40 of 50 Posts