Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Interesting thread.

I think you can change the static torque split by altering the friction and pressure of the thrust washers in the T3 over the gears, but something also tells me that most of this split ratio is hardcoded in the internal gearing itself. See here: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267489670_Simulation_of_Differentials_in_Four-Wheel_Drive_Vehicles_Using_Multibody_Dynamics

I have had and modified a Crosswagon a lot (GTB1756, 220HP, rear Torsen 2 LSD, probably the only one in the world on the Q4 :))). Then I switched to an Audi A4 B7, 2.0 TFSI quattro, now @330 HP on a Frankenturbo F23L and also with a rear LSD + a 80:20 JHM center differential. I personally consider this is a safer option, less hassle to do, the cornering is way far better than the Crosswagon, even better than a Giulia Veloce Q4. Perhaps the cost is not almost the same, but still decent for a 300HP+ piece. It's always in balance how much time vs money you have. But the risks are much smaller with the Audi, that has a bigger offer on the market for performance components, lots of forums doing serious modifications etc. If you are a hardcore engineer, you can do it yourself. If you want to be on the safe side, you always look at what the others did, learn from their mistakes and stay out of trouble. I'm not saying you should do it like me, but always put in balance time vs risks vs outcome. Best of luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Answering to some of the questions here:
  • front and rear diffs on the Q4 for both crosswagon and 159 are OPEN
  • there is AFAIK only one car in this Universe having a rear LSD on the Q4 : mine. I had to make it from scratch (the existing diff is not modifiable).
  • I do not reccomend a front LSD as the rear one induces enough understeering. A second LSD would make the car almost impossible for parking.
  • for sports driving I strongly reccomend an Audi with Sports Differential. It's much better than Q4 even with rear LSD.
Hi

l would like lsd rear diff for crosswagon like uours how can l get it made or do you sell your used or should l use audi a4/6 resr lsd diff and fromwhat car?

thankyou

·
Registered
6 Posts
Answering to some of the questions here:
  • front and rear diffs on the Q4 for both crosswagon and 159 are OPEN
  • there is AFAIK only one car in this Universe having a rear LSD on the Q4 : mine. I had to make it from scratch (the existing diff is not modifiable).
  • I do not reccomend a front LSD as the rear one induces enough understeering. A second LSD would make the car almost impossible for parking.
  • for sports driving I strongly reccomend an Audi with Sports Differential. It's much better than Q4 even with rear LSD.
I need lsd reinforced diff for my 156 q4

·
Registered
4 Posts
great car :D
If I understood all information correct...Q4 couldn't be fitted to GT with 156 2.5 V6 engine from a complete donor car?

101 - 105 of 105 Posts