Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. the boredom is setting in.. can anyone explain how the Q4 active suspension works?

Cheers,
A

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It moves therefore it works :confused: Thats all I need to know!

wrinx (sorry!)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh if it was that simple.

I think it works, but frankly it seems to be a rattle button. ie, you have rattles as you are driving along, press it & you get more rattles! :(

Never mind. I'm less bored.. which is good.

A

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least you have a button that will then reduce some of the rattles!! Sorry, I'm not being much help at all :eek: :rolleyes:

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can tell you that new dampers are £380 +vat EACH.!!!!!there is a control unit in the car that adjusts the dampers via a switch on the side of each damper it operates a valve inside the damper to stiffen or soften it.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is it all 4 dampers which adjust or just the rear two?

I wonder why they fitted it.. it really does appear to do nothing for your handling wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its all four.!!! ive never noticed the difference on the lancias either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So... what would you suggest: the Q4 controlled damping kit, or a nice Koni´s + Eibach´s springs?

I am asking this ´cause my Q4 is supposed to have the controlled damping kit, everything is installed, except for the dampers!!! I am now thinking about changing them, therefore I´d like to know your expert opinion...

Regards!

·
Registered
177 Posts
People who knows this with dampers says electrically controlled dampers never come close to manually adjusted dampers in terms of adjustment range. At least not the kind of dampers taht are fitted to the Q4. Go for the Konis!

/A

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep, the konis are fab,
get them
alan
- - - - - - - - - -
keep her clean :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get the koni and eibach set-up, is a bit hard but great for road and track days Oh, and about half the price of alfa OE

·
Registered
49 Posts
Excellent!!! Just about what I was thinking!!! Jaja!!!

OK guys, thank you all for your opinions. I´ll let you know as soon as I get the Koni´s and Eibach´s... Just need Santa to be generous this year!! Jaja!! wink

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts