Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the chance of a new front Q2 anti roll bar for my GT diesel cloverleaf. I am a little unsure if this roll bar will fit my car, as i have been told that my own bar is a standard/stock item! Can anyone tell me if this bar will fit please? Cheers Lee

C

·
0 Posts
Wrong lounge but yes it'll fit. However I'd imagine that it's stiffer than the standard item and will therefore make the car more prone to understeer if its not fitted in conjunction with a matching rear anti roll bar.

·
Vendor
45,462 Posts
The Q2 version of the GT was fitted with a 23mm front ARB (same as 156/147 GTA) whereas a standard 156/147/GT uses a 22mm bar. Although the part number suggests otherwise, the rear ARB from a GT Q2 is a 17mm bar which seems to be unique to the GT Q2. Technically it has the same p/n as a 156 GTA but it certainly is 1mm thicker as I have 3 of them at work removed from GT Q2s that we've either broken or upgraded with Eibach, all measure 17.1mm with the verniers and a standard 156 GTA measures 16mm. A standard 156/147/GT uses a 14mm rear ARB.

C

·
0 Posts
Then there's the questions as to what are hollow arb's and what aren't...

·
Vendor
45,462 Posts
I don't think the 17mm ones we've found are hollow as they are real heavy feeling. Pretty sure the standard 22mm and GTA 23mm front anti-roll bars are solid as are the 14mm rears, theres just that 1.6 spec front bar thats a hollow 23 or 24mm I think? TBH I barely pay any attention to them I don't think anyone's ever asked me for one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts