Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just back from driving 'The God of Hell fire' around after having a Q2 fitted. 'Struth this is a quick car! I'm not sure I'm feeling the effects of the Q2 yet it's mainly the fact I dare push it much harder now, I've much more confidence in the car. I've been p*****g myself for the last couple of hours, can't stop smiling, which is great because on the way to collect it I was thinking I'd wasted my money and started feeling a bit gutted.

Also treated him to a pro Valet.

Happy bunny.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Thats one clean looking motor !! It takes time to adjust to driving with your Q2, mines been in for about 9 months now and just getting used to keeping my foot in round corners ( your brains saying back off - Q2 says keep it in !! ) its a great piece of kit.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And why not another pic. Taken about 15 minutes before a gritting truck shot it's load all over the front of the car. Cheers Council man.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Thats one clean looking motor !! It takes time to adjust to driving with your Q2, mines been in for about 9 months now and just getting used to keeping my foot in round corners ( your brains saying back off - Q2 says keep it in !! ) its a great piece of kit.
Q2 or not but its way to drive cars with VDC:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Car looks stunning mate well done, so your enjoying the Q2' I pushed mine today, thought i was going to lose it but it just gripped more, I was like you wondering wether to spend the money or not but now I'm glad I did. Wish mine was as shiny as yours pal

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
:thumbs: sounds great :D you should try and bring it to a meet some time, i miss that car :cry: :lol:
Who's car was that LJ?

I know now, ain't that the lovely GT that Nick had in that lush colour?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep it was Nick's GT, he kept it like a new car. I paid £50 at the same premises as Alfaworkshop to get a dry valet, paintwork looks like new and it's got some sort of finish on it that lasts for afes. Sportwagon is going to have to have one now.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Good stuff. The Q2 makes a big difference (in the V6). You can drive with the ASR switched off, and let the Q2 do its thing. Rather than understeer, you can drive the car 'on the throttle' and tighten your line by accelerating, right up to about 9/10ths, after which you'll probably understeer (never gone that hard on public roads).

Plus, you find minimal torque steer compared with before.

:)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure I've seen that lovely car somewhere before, where could it be?

Oh that's right, you're my brother!
Ay up! You've driven it aswell, I heard you flooring it from over a mile away!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just back from driving 'The God of Hell fire' around after having a Q2 fitted. 'Struth this is a quick car! I'm not sure I'm feeling the effects of the Q2 yet it's mainly the fact I dare push it much harder now, I've much more confidence in the car. I've been p*****g myself for the last couple of hours, can't stop smiling, which is great because on the way to collect it I was thinking I'd wasted my money and started feeling a bit gutted.

Also treated him to a pro Valet.

Happy bunny.
HI there,

Mind if I ask how much it cost you to have the Q2 fitted? I`m considering fitting it to my V6 too...

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind words Guys!

I'm away at the minute, so cant check my invoice, but I paid about a grand for the Q2, cam belts, water pump and all the tensioners related to cam belt service.

All I know about the wheels are that they are 18" , original equipment apart from they were powder coated with a similar quartz type finish to the Nero Jarama work.

Mirrors are the same satin silver as on the blackline, they were retro fitted by the previous owner 'Mr Dog' on this forum.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts