Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the market for a GT 1.9JTDM..

Question is do I stump up the extra cash for a model with a Q2 diff?

They are rarer and more expensive.. but are they worth it?

I suppose if nothing else they will probably hold their value better?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like to drive spiritedly.. is it a noticeable difference in handling when you hit a corner/roundabout with speed?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
simple:

YES

M

·
0 Posts
There is definitely a difference.
Most of us like to go for a 'spirited' drive once in a while....and when you do, the extra traction that you get leaves a big smile on your face:cool:

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
They are an easy retro-fit anyway, although not as low cost as they were a few years ago, so no problem to add Q2 to a GT JTD that doesn't have one already.

·
Registered
110 Posts
sounds about right... but I'd go for one with a Q2 fitted as standard (Q2 model or cloverleaf SE) as I think overall it will hold value better than having one fitted now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good point..

I've seen this:

2008 ALFA ROMEO GT 1.9 JTDM 16V CLOVERLEAF Q2 2DR(170BHP+SPORTBUTTON)

Slightly off topic, but is £10k too much for a car that in a couple of years is probably going to be worth £7k at most?
Thought so. Bought mine off of JCS. Tim/ Andy are a really nice guys, and whilst your probably won't get them down on price, I saw that one when I bought mine and it looked lovely (preferred Blue + lower mileage). They had 4 in and that is the last left, it probably won't hand around much after Christmas TBH...

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
There is definitely a difference.
Most of us like to go for a 'spirited' drive once in a while....and when you do, the extra traction that you get leaves a big smile on your face:cool:
I fully agree... I tend to drive "spiritedly" most of the time provided road & traffic conditions allow, and my conversion to Q2 was a small price to pay compared to the increase in the control precision which it provides; particularly when squirting through tight corners & small roundabouts etc... You can induce instant 'throttle-pump' oversteer with greater response, accuracy and precision than with the standard diff'.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know this...

But I've never owned an Alfa, and from what I've seen they tend to depreciate extremely quickly!
it's already depreciated over thr rough bit, ones in good nick that are 5-6 years old still go for 6-7k, so another 1-1.5k depreciation per year is pretty good on a car that was nearly 25k new...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts