Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I know there are a lot of threads about the importance of the Q2 etc. But the prices seem to have gone up quite a bit recently and so the threads I have read are a bit out of date. The cost also seems to vary quite a large amount around the country. I am based in Cornwall and Graham Eddy looks after my cars (Who I am very happy with) but if its going to be much cheaper else where, and I can get a road trip out of it, then I would consider it.

Anyone had it fitted recently and could tell me the cost?

Also, Unfortunately I had to put my Nuvola Bianco GTA up for sale a month or two back (business reasons), luckily I managed to keep hold of her but probably only for 6 months or so, on a positive that will mean a year of GTA ownership which is better than a year without! and probably a better time to sell anyway.

I really want to get some 18" multispokes in anthracite, if i do, do you guys think I should keep my teledials as well (Becaue I know some people like GTAs completely standard) or would the multispokes make it much more desirable to future buyers?
Hopefully having Q2, multispokes, refurbed calipers etc will bring it back up to how it should be looking.

I would be pleased to hear anyones opinions.

M

·
0 Posts
A Q2 is worthwhile, despite the cost. So many people, including myself, have uttered words on here about how we wouldn't bother with a Q2....only to have our diff explode weeks later.

Regards your teledials, I'd definitely keep hold of them. They are crazy money new and many people like the original look, especially as with time these wonderful cars are becoming more rare.

Just my two pence worth :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Q2 is worthwhile, despite the cost. So many people, including myself, have uttered words on here about how we wouldn't bother with a Q2....only to have our diff explode weeks later.

Regards your teledials, I'd definitely keep hold of them. They are crazy money new and many people like the original look, especially as with time these wonderful cars are becoming more rare.

When did you have yours done? Or was it part of a rebuild?

I am tempted to get the teledials refurbed and put winter tyres on them and have refurbed anthracite multis for summer. Although it is a bit crazy spending if I still have to sell in 6 months..

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

Plus one for putting on Q2.
Best drive and Diff/Gearbox casing disaster prevention thrown in as well.

Alan

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
I would get a Q2 unless you are planning to sell the car very soon. Every GTA will need a Q2 eventually, whether an owner just decides to fit one for increased reliability and grip benefits, or when they will need one after the original explodes. The list price is only going to get more expensive as Alfas stock levels reduce and demand is sustained.

M

·
0 Posts
When did you have yours done? Or was it part of a rebuild?

I am tempted to get the teledials refurbed and put winter tyres on them and have refurbed anthracite multis for summer. Although it is a bit crazy spending if I still have to sell in 6 months..
Mine was fitted at Autolusso along with a gearbox rebuild and new clutch. Thankfully my original diff didn't smash through the bell housing.
Cost wise, including getting the car recovered to Dunstable (I'm in Devon) it was nearly two grand......so it really is worthwhile getting your diff changed as it's about a third of that price if you have it fitted before it blows.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Agree with the Q2 - re the multispokes I had that thought re teledials v's multispokes however mine came supplied from new with multispokes 18" and as said to me then they are original fitment.

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
Agree with the Q2 - re the multispokes I had that thought re teledials v's multispokes however mine came supplied from new with multispokes 18" and as said to me then they are original fitment.
I can tell you from your chassis no. if they were factory fit or dealer fit if you'd like to know? :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Alfaworkshop seem to be the cheapest at £680 inc VAT

Anyone had it done for a better price?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
So Alfaworkshop seem to be the cheapest at £680 inc VAT

Anyone had it done for a better price?
Try AforAlfa, I have used him for years for all my main work and his very good with rather good prices :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Ok thanks, I have emailed him to see what the cost will be for fitting a Q2.
Is alfaworkshop supplied and fitted I guess?

I have just texted him for you as his not the best at replying to emails :lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is alfaworkshop supplied and fitted I guess?

I have just texted him for you as his not the best at replying to emails :lol:
Yeah Alfaworkshop is fitted, seems a pretty good price as a lot are between 750 - 800.

Thanks for txting :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts