Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A MF'ing thief broke into my 156 two days before Christmas.

The front passenger side door was wrecked when he pulled the top of the door 10 cm out. In the process he made a dent in the rear door too.

He then gave up on the passenger side and moved on to the driver side.

The rear door window rubber seal was split in two halfs when he tore it off.
He made scratches in the paint above and below the window in that process.

After giving up he smashed the rear door window and made damage to the inside plastic door cover as he dragged broken glass over it crawling into
the car.

He then crawled onto the front seats and produced a very big screw driver
which he used to pry out my head unit. The center console was smashed doing
that.

The head unit is a Blaupunkt with key cards, and guess where the key card
was... in my pocket.

So he basically wrecled my car for nothing.

I'm a wee bit mad :mad:
I have ordered the center console in dark grey, but they did not have a sample of that color.

Can anyone provide pictures of dark grey and titanium center consoles please.

/Mogens

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
:mad: :mad:

as Ivo says, "hang 'em i say!"

did you report that? you never know..maybe you'll be "lucky" and they catch the figlio di puttana!

again..sorry bout that frown

G

·
bad luck unfortunately.

i would certainly buy a head unit with detachable face. because it's the best solution. blaupunkt's idea with card is rather strange in my opinion, because the thieves (stupid as they are) usually don't look very much for the card. :(

hope the car was insured...

i have one more questionfor you. did you have a car alarm :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
**** the *******!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't say anything else at this moment!

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Damn Mogens,

I'd really like to have a 'go' on that little motha focka who did that to your Bella! eek!

Sjeeezzz, they should FREEZE his damn balls and then BURN them off! I can't believe my eyes what they did with that passengers door eek!

Sorry Mogens and I hope the damage will be repaired perfectly and that you won't see anything of it anymore.......

This really makes me sad...... frown

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Banflu:
[QB] :mad: :mad:

as Ivo says, "hang 'em i say!"

[QB]<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hang 'em and then burn 'em before they die :mad: :mad: (and pull their nails out one by one).

This thief wasn't really experienced, there are nicer & faster ways to open a 156, but I will not explore on that for obvious reasons :eek:

Mogens, I have seen another nice option: just buy a 2nd hand wooden one (there are a lot available :D ) and spray it in your original car color.

Like this here (I like it);

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

And now for a few answers:
The car is insured. (It's a ladder deal, so I'm forced to pay anyway, in steps or up front)
There is no alarm in it. (next project)

I like the titanium, I thought it would be far more shiny. I better go and order that one instead.

Since it is covered by my insurance I don't think I'll go for the car color option.

/Mogens

G

·
That is disgusting, sheer vandalism. As Ivo says, it must have been a real idiot who tried to get in your car...comisserations :(

:mad: :mad: :mad:

wrinx

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
BTW: some nice small chrome rings around the heating knobs look very nice in combination with the titanium IMO :eek: :)

Italiazakka has them...

G

·
Mogens,

Sorry to see what happened. My worst nightmare. Dunno about Denmark, but if you belted the thief you would be in more trouble than the criminal!!!

BTW, aren't the silver console just sprayed anyway. The one I saw at Alfa was. Don't you also have a wooden steering wheel? Would it match? Steering wheel leather covers are available and some are ok. I'm keeping the wood look for the moment as I think it will be very much in vogue again (look at the new Brera).

Good luck with repairs and interior refits, whatever you decide to do?

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>

Could have been a bit smaller, but look WAY :cool: with titanium ....</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, here in Denmark, I would have been in trouble if I laid hand on the thief. He's supposed to be able to do his deed without fear of reprisals. :)

I've heard about dog owners who have been forced to pay compensation to a thief who got bitten.

I don't know the law texts though....

I'm definately going for titanium, even though I have a wooden steering wheel. That might change though :)

/Mogens

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
That doesnt look to good Mogens, I know how you feel. Were the dealer able to fix it before Christmas then?

He/they were a bunch of amateurs, thats not breaking an entry, that's vandalism. :mad:

I just bought the Titanium console, I thought It looked better than the carbon lookalike I had.

Regards and Happy Newyear

Lars

G

·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mogens:
<strong>Yes, here in Denmark, I would have been in trouble if I laid hand on the thief. He's supposed to be able to do his deed without fear of reprisals. :)

I've heard about dog owners who have been forced to pay compensation to a thief who got bitten.

I don't know the law texts though....

/Mogens</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If they ever find the c**t who did it and the Law doesn't do right by you, wait a few months, go round to his house at 2 in the morning with some house bricks and have a little fun with his windows. I'm not a vigilante and maybe it's not too clever but people like that deserve to live in a sea of s**t :mad:

G

·
Sorry to hear about your troubles Mogens. What a mess they made just for a stereo.

I've had wooden, carbon and titanium effect centre console in my 156s.

I think the titanium effect looks the best. Make sure you get a titanium ashtray too (this seems obvious, but in the UK accessory brochure they list the wrong part number for the titanium ashtray.)

I even had a titanium console with a car that had the wooden wheel...it looks fine (email me if you want to see a picture of this - [email protected])

Also consider getting the new style cowls around the rev counter and speedo...they have a titanium ring around them too and go very well with the titanium console. Simple to change over and very cheap to buy.

Anyway, have a happy 2003 !

Nareman.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Ivo, who makes those nice chrome or alu rings for the heater dials?

Are they original AR parts?

/Mogens

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
OMG thats heart breaking........... GRRRRRR!!!!! whats with these bastards!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So sorry to see that mate... hope it gets fixed soon!

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mogens:
<strong>Hey Ivo, who makes those nice chrome or alu rings for the heater dials?

Are they original AR parts?

/Mogens</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Mogens,

I hope your car does look better now. Well, I found that rings on www.italiazakka.co.jp . This Japanese site has a HUGE collection of AR goodies. Several forummembers here have ordered via them, perhaps the AO Shop is willing to source them for you?

Dunno who makes them, chances are that it's European made :rolleyes:

They also have all consoles etc.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts