Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people in a 1.8 Vectra Think that their 1.8 Vectra is better than the 1.8 Vectra in front of them that they feel the urge to go bombing past them.

I do not come across this much in my GT, however i do notice the odd 147 driver who feels that they have to get in front of me just to prove a point, or am i being paranoid!

I have had many rep mobiles when company cars were fashionable, and i lost count of the saddos in an exact replica to my Mondeo/Vectra/Laguna/Peugeot 405/6 who would challenge you to a race, yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iam even getting bored with writing this

·
Registered
16,897 Posts
they need to get the best parking space at The International Photocopier Conference. :)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Small willies, I would venture to suggest.

The harder charging the repmobile, the tinier the appendage.

I had a bloke in a company-rep spec. Vectra tailgate me on the M25 like he was trying to win the BTCC championship the other day. He even resorted to flashing his lights and weaving behind me, to "fill my mirrors". I expect he would have tried to undertake me, had we not been overtaking a long line of cars in the middle lane (many of which should have been in the inside lane - yes, I know, different rant! :lol:)

At the time, I was maintaining a safe distance from the car in front, which was waaaaaaay too big a gap for the aspiring touring car driver behind me, still trying to incorporate the V from his grille into the rear bumper of my 166.

Once the car in front of me had pulled into the middle lane, I (and I love this phrase) had no hesitation in getting third on the scene, leaving the sales rep flailing in my wake. I had a little chuckle to myself as he got smaller in my rear view mirror, which turned into a full-blown laugh when I saw that our BTCC-wannabe was now being hassled from behind in a similar way by a chap in an Audi RS6.

Needless to say, once he'd despatched the Vectra, I got out of the RS6's way sharpish! :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
I recall driving to Nottingham on the A50 once in one of work's old Volvo S40 tractors with a *** in an Astra attempting to wedge itself under my back bumper.

now an S40 diesel is no ball of fire but it's very torquey and is more than capable of handing a 2003 Astra it's **** in a carrier bag. Which it did whenever the traffic cleared, much like morgan's scenario repeated 15 times. This carried on for a good 20 minutes as he got redder and redder in the face and started screaming at me whenever he caught me. Great fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts