Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone consider putting a 156 3.0, 156 V6 SW, 156 GTA/SW, 147 GTA on Turo so I can rent it when I'm in the UK? I usually drive in the west country (Cornwall) and I would like to drive there in an Alfa. I obviously have Alfas myself so I take care of cars, and I've never damaged my rental cars. Very familiar with the roads around Truro, Penzance, Marazion and avoid the ultra narrow roads. I'd like to rent it for about 4-5 days in July.

Although the last bits of road to Alex Jupe's place is pretty narrow... but what a beautiful place.

Or maybe I could just rent the car for 1-2 days when I'm in London and drive it to Suffolk for an overnight trip.

Anyway just a thought for you guys.

Zamani

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Interesting. You won’t find many 156 3.0s around - pretty much all of them were custom made by enthusiasts in the UK. Not sure if they did 3.0 elsewhere in the world.

How does damage work for what are (really) low value cars? Say I put my 156 2.5 up - it’s probably worth 1500 GBP (despite having all the upgrades). The slightest accident would mean it was written off....!

My options would be:

156 2.5 - 2001, Wizard cat back, Quaife LSD, B6s, Eibach -30 springs and Eibach ARBs.
GT 3.2, Wizard cat back, Quaife LSD, KWV3 coilovers
166 3.2, Wizard back box, Quaife LSD, KWV1 coilovers.

You wouldn’t want my GTA SW or the 155 V6. The Alfetta GTV would be too much like hard work and the 916s GTVs haven’t been mine for long enough to trust them....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how it works with Turo. This probably something I could look into more. But it would at least make it legal and you'd have some insurance coverage.

Where do you live? Are you close to London? Renting it for a day would be enough for me too. Just to take it out on some of the nice B-roads.

The 156 sounds like a good candidate. I have a 156 3.0 myself.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts