Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a test drive in a 4C this week. We encountered some queuing traffic and the salesman, who was driving at the time, put it into neutral a few times to "avoid overheating". My daily driver is an automatic, and I would always put it in neutral at a red light, for example, but not in queuing traffic which is edging forward as this was.

Is this necessary in the 4C, was the salesman being unduly cautious, or does it indicate a possible problem with this car (2017 Anniversary, 2000 miles) ?

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
33,758 Posts
I thought you weren’t supposed to go into neutral anyway because you have no engine braking etc but I read the new Panda Hybrid can be put into neutral below 18mph.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had come to a halt, momentarily, before he put it in neutral, but you could see the traffic would be moving pretty soon so I wouldn't have put my car into neutral.

·
Administrator
45,321 Posts
I strongly suspect you'd find he does that with all automatics, rather than being anything to do with that car.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the 4C is no different to other automatics when pootling through traffic ? I'm trying to check out all aspects before I sell my 916 Spider and take the plunge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts