Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :byebye:

This is my first post but I've been lurking in the background and reading posts.

When I bought my GTV in May 2015, the GTV badge was on the wrong side and it was missing the '2.0 T.SPARK' badges. I've sourced the missing badges and now would like to put these on the car but would be very grateful for what you would recommend to stick them to the boot.

Also, every picture I've seen of a 916 has the 'GTV' badge on the left. Has anyone seen one like mine, with it on the right? Any idea why it's not on the left?

Thank-you.

Paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
They should have adhesive on the back, just peel off the paper and stick them on. Obviously clean the areas you're going to stick them first. Maybe the boot's had some paint and the guy's just put it back on wrong, or maybe it was debadged and rebadged?

I replaced the rear badges on my GT and just stuck some masking tape on the tailgate as a guide so they would be straight. I just looked at pictures to see how they should be positioned. Maybe somebody could measure their badges so you could get them perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They should have adhesive on the back, just peel off the paper and stick them on. Obviously clean the areas you're going to stick them first. Maybe the boot's had some paint and the guy's just put it back on wrong, or maybe it was debadged and rebadged?

I replaced the rear badges on my GT and just stuck some masking tape on the tailgate as a guide so they would be straight. I just looked at pictures to see how they should be positioned. Maybe somebody could measure their badges so you could get them perfect.
Hi V6soundsgood, thanks for your reply :classic:

The badges I've bought aren't new so they don't have any adhesive on them; just a black residue of what was once a sticky pad.

I thought the same about it being repainted or debadged and rebadged, but the first owner sent photos to me and the GTV badge has always been on the right on my car.

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
I used double sided sticky "pads" on mine - cut down with a scalpel into strips small enough to fit behind parts of the badges. I did lightly rub the paint area of the badge with isopropanol (any thinners will do) first.

I have only put back the "Spider" badge but that was 2 years ago and it has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I used double sided sticky "pads" on mine - cut down with a scalpel into strips small enough to fit behind parts of the badges. I did lightly rub the paint area of the badge with isopropanol (any thinners will do) first.

I have only put back the "Spider" badge but that was 2 years ago and it has been fine ever since.
I did the same for a detached 'K' on my old Twin Spark, used strips cut from Sellotape Outdoor Sticky Fixers which are a perfect 1mm thick, was still firmly fixed four years later when the 156 went to the breakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank-you everyone for all of your replies and assistance.

I'll look into Sellotape Outdoor Sticky Fixers and other sticky pads and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again! :smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank-you sensingsys, that's a great help :thumbs:

Would anyone happen to have a similar picture for the placement of the 2.0 T.SPARK badge please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts