Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I have been looking to get back to driving alfas after a long time away from them, been in a dilemma about a GQV and a late plate 159 ti tbi anyway after looking at a few , I have been to dealer today and put down a deposit for a GQV 2011 11 plate in white 29k on clock full alfa history getting a service (alfa) and a years warranty (alfa) only fault I noticed so far was the near side rear indicator lens had condensation in it they are going to sort though, got it for a great price as well, drove well and it is quick no question, very torquey as a lot of people said its doesn't like to rev high but it does move along effortlessly!!!! Surge is Almost like a remapped diesel!
Dynamic mode makes a huge difference as you all know!
Dealer is putting my private plate on so I won't get it for a good few weeks but that's fine
,very pleased !!
Thanks for all advice!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Try waiting 15 weeks as I ordered mine on the last week of June and did not get it until last week in October.

Congrats mate you will have no regrets thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Ha! Was that because of your plate??
Don't mind as long as the car is right
long story but there was a mix up with the dealership the previous owner sold it to as they wanted to keep the private plate which was on the car so it needed to be re-registered, between the previous owner and the dealership they sold it to they sent the wrong part of the V5 off and the dealership i bought it from had already got the car from the other dealership (confusing isn't it :lol:) so they had a car in their showroom for age while they tried to sort it out for me and in the end let me take the car and started the whole process again. i looked at it in september last year, picked it up in october and the plate and everything was sorted out on saturday just gone. now mine has just got a standard plate on it :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My god that's confusing and a nightmare!!!!
At least it's sorted now did the dealer give you something for your trouble????
I am guessing not!!!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
it was just a 2nd hand car place i got it from and tbh it wasn't really their fault. all sorted now though but looks difrent having a number plate with 7 digits on it :lol:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha!
Is that right you GQV has 300bhp???
That must be awesome!
How did you manage that??
Obviously a remap amongst other things

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Great choice, congrats, I haven't driven mine for nearly two weeks, I washed last night to use this morning...as you can imagine I'm excited!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts