132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get all the usual comments in first so they're out the way:
- "it's pointless"
- "it's ugly"
- "it's chavvy"
- "looks cheap"
- "WHY, WHY WHY WHY!"

I think it looks good, plus someone got me the kit from demon tuning so I thought I'd hook it up on the GT.

Anyone installed a push start on the GT that could instruct me?

The cables/wires on the "user manual" don't look anything like my wires strophe the ignition barrel.

Mainly need help identifying:
- Which wire/cables lead from the ignition barrel to the starter motor solenoid.

http://i.imgur.com/cfnNp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KZh1q.jpg

:(
Help

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All is almost sorted, just need to feed power to the button off the cig lighter. Anyone know which colour is what?

Have 3 wires running to the lighters connector.
- green/black
- green/yellow
- white/red

Need to get the pos & neg terminals. Quick posts would be helpful I'm 80% done

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
good work.
was just about to help with the colours as i used them to get switched power for my headunit.

bit of a write up on the way? ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol I was sure red was positive but 50/50 on which could be negative.

Didn't take any pictures as I noticed people tend to think these look ugly/cheap and pointless as you have to turn ths key to "on" position anyway.

Pretty simple for anyone good with electronics (Im completely useless and I managed it)

Fuse relay box contains two thick and two thin wires.
TWO thick RED wires. connect 1 to the RED and 1 to the BROWN cable set at the back of the ignition barrel.
1 of the thin cables connect directly to the BUTTON
1 of the thin cables connect to the NEGATIVE (GREEN/BLACK) wire on the cig lighter power
Spare cable connects the BUTTON to the POSITIVE (WHITE/RED) on the cig lighter power

the button lighting also has "illuminating" light, which in the same way can be connected to the cig lighter terminals (red -pos / black -neg)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
It's your car mate but why would you want to make the starting process even longer? :confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because I suffer from chronic wrist pain and turning the key makes a force on my right wrist falange causing pain....

Maybe.

No I'm kidding, but as I said. Had the kit as a present from my brother. Thought I'd use it. No harm done. Plus I can always change back. It'll take maybe 15-20 mins to rip it all out and stick the lighter back

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Because I suffer from chronic wrist pain and turning the key makes a force on my right wrist falange causing pain....
Maybe.

No I'm kidding, but as I said. Had the kit as a present from my brother. Thought I'd use it. No harm done. Plus I can always change back. It'll take maybe 15-20 mins to rip it all out and stick the lighter back
As I read it I saw the flaw in your argument as you had to twist the key anyway :lol: Nothing wrong with it mate. Bummer if you're a smoker though eh :lol:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
As I read it I saw the flaw in your argument as you had to twist the key anyway :lol: Nothing wrong with it mate. Bummer if you're a smoker though eh :lol:
....or if you want to use a sat nav, or charge a phone, or use a compressor, or plug in a trickle battery charger if you leave the car standing.... etc

Each to their own, but I won't be doing it. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
....or if you want to use a sat nav, or charge a phone, or use a compressor, or plug in a trickle battery charger if you leave the car standing.... etc

Each to their own, but I won't be doing it. ;)
:lol: Good point

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well actually you lightly turn the key to "ON" and press the button. Or lightly turn the key to on then using a bit more strength turn further ;)

Lol stop making excuses, DO IT!

I'll be putting a cig lighter in the glovebox soon where I can charge stuff off!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
One question. I assume the car will still start using the key only?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually I can make it so the key won't start it, it will only be useful for turning on the electrics & unlock steering etc (only make the "ON" be active) so the button MUST be used. But I kept it simple, can use both. BUT YES, you require the key.

Cmon, like every other useless mod, it's just for being extra:
Why get new alloys, car already has alloys
Why upgrade headlights to HID, car already has headlights
Why make an eject button, can kick someone out by leaning over opening the door then elbowing them out
ETC ETC ETC

(ps I'm getting HID installed in a few days when the pack arrives)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts