Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone!

I collected a 2013 G Sportiva TCT 2.0 JTDM with all the toys last night and just drove it to work it's amazing!

I do have a few questions for you smart folks if you don't mind though:-

1. I have the RadioNav and Parking sensors but when I reverse I see no radar map only an audible beep?
2. I have the Bose stereo pack but the sound quality from the playback from the USB port is a bit iffy do you have any recommended settings?
3. The radio nav is unable to pick up any satellites?
4. The TCT gearbox seems a bit clunky at slow speeds, can the adaptations be reset?
5. A few squeaks/rattles coming from driver's side dash, is this normal?
6. I want to install DAB radio - would one of you be so kind as to assist one weekend?

That's all for now, but if you've any tips for me or things I need to look out for please let me know!

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
I can only help with No.3 I'm afraid.

Common problem, you need a new Ariel base :(

If you got the car from Western get them to fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
does you G ave a multi function display between the rev and speedometer? The radar map should appear in there.

Have not tested the USB, but playing back via bluetooth A2DP, works well, and sounds quite good. a good visual indication you have the Bose is to locate the Bose labels on all the lower door speakers, a center channel located in the middle of the dash, and a super woofer bolted down on top of the space saver.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only help with No.3 I'm afraid.

Common problem, you need a new Ariel base :(

If you got the car from Western get them to fix it under warranty.
I bought it used, but would be more than happy to take to Alfa in Leicester or something.

As for the aerial base itself, would it be worth changing this and installing DAB at the same time?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does you G ave a multi function display between the rev and speedometer? The radar map should appear in there.

Have not tested the USB, but playing back via bluetooth A2DP, works well, and sounds quite good. a good visual indication you have the Bose is to locate the Bose labels on all the lower door speakers, a center channel located in the middle of the dash, and a super woofer bolted down on top of the space saver.
Hi, yes I do have a multifunction display and a set of buttons to configure this by the drivers' side dash vents is this correct? I had a look and it gave me options to set the speed buzzer, headlight sensivity and a few other things but no rear sensor radar?

I definitely have the Bose system as you say, with emblems on all speakers and a sub in the boot above the spare wheel location.

Apart from the manual audio settings is there an EQ or preset equalizers to use?

I also want to update the Blueandme firmware and the maps at some point - any idea how to do this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the first thing I'll do is update Blue and Me, but I'm a bit confused as to how to actually perform this update can someone provide clear step by step instructions for me please? :D

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
On point No2 I have the Bose on my 2013 JTDM Sportiva.

When you say "iffy" what is/are the problems? Just sound quality or lack of functionality?

-What media are you plugging in to the USB?
-Is a memory stick with MP3's on or an Apple based product?

I use an ipod video and an iphone4S and have no problems at all. Sound quality is good and I can scroll through the menus and tracks via the MFS controls. never tried a memory stick, but people on here have. For sum its seems to go ok, others have struggled. Sometimes it might just be down to the number of folders/tracks on the stick.

I'll try to help more if you can let me know what the iffyiness(!) is :thumbup:

You can adjust the treble/bass but there's no specific settings for the USB.

Julian

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On point No2 I have the Bose on my 2013 JTDM Sportiva.

When you say "iffy" what is/are the problems? Just sound quality or lack of functionality?

-What media are you plugging in to the USB?
-Is a memory stick with MP3's on or an Apple based product?

I use an ipod video and an iphone4S and have no problems at all. Sound quality is good and I can scroll through the menus and tracks via the MFS controls. never tried a memory stick, but people on here have. For sum its seems to go ok, others have struggled. Sometimes it might just be down to the number of folders/tracks on the stick.

I'll try to help more if you can let me know what the iffyiness(!) is :thumbup:

You can adjust the treble/bass but there's no specific settings for the USB.

Julian
Hi there!

I'm just using a USB stick in the slot in the glovebox, with a bunch of albums on in the Artists > albums > tracks format.

I guess the sound just seems a bit muffled and canot find a good balance between bass and treble. I will try using my iphone 6s with lightning to usb cable this evening and report back :)

As you also have the 2013 sportiva are there any tips you have for me?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hi there!

I'm just using a USB stick in the slot in the glovebox, with a bunch of albums on in the Artists > albums > tracks format.

I guess the sound just seems a bit muffled and canot find a good balance between bass and treble. I will try using my iphone 6s with lightning to usb cable this evening and report back :)

As you also have the 2013 sportiva are there any tips you have for me?
As you will have no doubt read. Beware the wiring loom in the boot. I've had mine replaced. Symptoms are failed lights in the boot, boot lock not working and rear wiper not parking correctly (Sometimes this is just water getting in to it). If you have a warranty with the car make sure if it fails, it fails within the warranty period! (Note some warranties won't cover it).

Its fixable with either a kit or by an electrician soldering extra length to the wires at the boot hinge.

To be honest, apart from the loom, I've not had any problems with mine. Its got 64K on the clock, gets driven enthusiastically(!) on B roads, A roads and motorways and still looks good.

Above all....
-Stick it in D and drive like you stole it!!
-Wave at other Alfa drivers
-Keep it clean and shiny

J

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As you will have no doubt read. Beware the wiring loom in the boot. I've had mine replaced. Symptoms are failed lights in the boot, boot lock not working and rear wiper not parking correctly (Sometimes this is just water getting in to it). If you have a warranty with the car make sure if it fails, it fails within the warranty period! (Note some warranties won't cover it).

Its fixable with either a kit or by an electrician soldering extra length to the wires at the boot hinge.

To be honest, apart from the loom, I've not had any problems with mine. Its got 64K on the clock, gets driven enthusiastically(!) on B roads, A roads and motorways and still looks good.

Above all....
-Stick it in D and drive like you stole it!!
-Wave at other Alfa drivers
-Keep it clean and shiny

J
I believe my boot lock, lights and rear wiper are all working but I will certainly double check! Any tips on my rear parking sensors though?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Sorry I don't have them.

Last car I had with sensors (and a camera) I managed to reverse in to someone! Cue years of "amusing" comments.

·
Administrator
88,057 Posts
1. I have the RadioNav and Parking sensors but when I reverse I see no radar map only an audible beep?
Are you sure they aren't aftermarket parking sensors ? Only the factory fit sensors have the visual display & they can't be retrofitted.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure they aren't aftermarket parking sensors ? Only the factory fit sensors have the visual display & they can't be retrofitted.
Oh dear :(

Just had another look at the build invoice and everything looks hunky dory EXCEPT for the line item :- parking sensors (dealer fit)

Does this mean I cannot get an on screen display at all??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh dear :(

Just had another look at the build invoice and everything looks hunky dory EXCEPT for the line item :- parking sensors (dealer fit)

Does this mean I cannot get an on screen display at all??
Ah that explains what you are not getting the parking radar on screen. I am fortunate that my GQV came with both front and rear parking sensors from factory. I still wonder why there was no option for a rear reversing camera, especially for those with the nice U-connect displays.

·
Registered
224 Posts

I definitely have the Bose system as you say, with emblems on all speakers and a sub in the boot above the spare wheel location.

Apart from the manual audio settings is there an EQ or preset equalizers to use?

I also want to update the Blueandme firmware and the maps at some point - any idea how to do this?

No audio preset of equalizer settings that I know of. Personally I set the treble a few notches up as the treble seems to be quite muted, and for some can be considered "lacking sparkle". I also set the Bass a few notches lower as the super woofer in the boot tends to be over bearing and can dominate the sound track.

Sorry no idea how to update Blueandme. I have the Uconnect infotainment system head unit. I suspect Blueandme does not apply to this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First bit of good news - I plugged my iphone 6s into the USB port of the glovebox and the audio quality is INSTANLY better than when using a USB stick solely :)

Parking sensors are a bit of a bummer not going to lie - I'm sure I'll learn to manage without a visual display.

Looks like I need to install a new aerial base and DAB radio - Is anyone on these forums kind enough to help this useless chap out?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More observations:-

When in Reverse, the car kind of chugs backwards instead of gently crawling is this normal?

Man this car has a lot of torque, I'm strugging to keep it under control when stuck in traffic or making my way down the mutli-storey car park at work!

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmm maybe your TCT needs a firmware update? My QV, although not jtd in reverse engages the clutch very slow and smooth. Sometimes I wonder if it is slipping the clutch excessively when reversing slowly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm maybe your TCT needs a firmware update? My QV, although not jtd in reverse engages the clutch very slow and smooth. Sometimes I wonder if it is slipping the clutch excessively when reversing slowly.
I was also thinking the TCT may require an update as I'm pretty sure the previous owner never had any updates. Is this an expensive dealer update or are there folks on here who can do it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting thread, I too am interested in these modifications, I'd like to retro fit dual parking cameras with guide grids to my G which has the RadioNav pop up screen.
Any help gratefully received. ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts