Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at a suitable replacement for my GT and was looking for a mito 1.4 TB Veloce but really had trouble finding one and when i did it was sold before i even got a chance to view it. So today i purchased a Fiat Punto Abarth, same mechanics but in a different body so i would imagine the abarth and veloce are very similar throughout. Any advice would be great :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
The Punto is just a Mito in a pretty frock :giggle:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the mito does have its own characteristics though :think:

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Abarth is a cool badge, shame they dont have any good cars tho... Punto is a bit rubbish and the 500 is a bit SOiled :giggle:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry I thought I was in the wrong forum then. I have just moved over from Abathisti. I have been the proud owner of an Abarth Punto Evo (APE) for the past 4 years. Absolutely wonderful car, despite all of the comments I got when I bought the car it has been the most reliable car I have owned. Nearly 5 years old now with 60,000+ miles on the clock and the only issue I had was 3 bulbs blown and an issue with the horn which resulted in a replacement switch. You are part of a real exclusive club (You are very unlikely to see another APE).

I tested the APE alongside a Mito and chose the APE. I wanted a replacement and test drove the Mito QV but still wasn't convinced that it was the right car. I was even tempted to keep the APE until I tested the Giulietta and then I was convinced it was time to sell. I pick up my Alfa Tues. Enjoy the fun you will have with the APE :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I thought I was in the wrong forum then. I have just moved over from Abathisti. I have been the proud owner of an Abarth Punto Evo (APE) for the past 4 years. Absolutely wonderful car, despite all of the comments I got when I bought the car it has been the most reliable car I have owned. Nearly 5 years old now with 60,000+ miles on the clock and the only issue I had was 3 bulbs blown and an issue with the horn which resulted in a replacement switch. You are part of a real exclusive club (You are very unlikely to see another APE).

I tested the APE alongside a Mito and chose the APE. I wanted a replacement and test drove the Mito QV but still wasn't convinced that it was the right car. I was even tempted to keep the APE until I tested the Giulietta and then I was convinced it was time to sell. I pick up my Alfa Tues. Enjoy the fun you will have with the APE :)
I think the abarth touches are awesome like the abarth badge built into the headrest or the rear diffuser.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Abarth is a cool badge, shame they dont have any good cars tho... Punto is a bit rubbish and the 500 is a bit SOiled :giggle:
I drove a 595 the other day - damn thing's like a little bloody rocket. Insanely fun to drive.

I think my next car's either going to be the 1.7 Giulietta or the little 595.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is something very appealing about Abarth, I have always been a fan of the Punto, even the Evo model looks great as an Abarth.

My brother in law has just picked up a 2010 A500 and it is a nice little car. Similar punch to our TB155 and it sounds awesome!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I drove a 595 the other day - damn thing's like a little bloody rocket. Insanely fun to drive.

I think my next car's either going to be the 1.7 Giulietta or the little 595.
:lol:

i think the 595 is 180bhp :think:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is something very appealing about Abarth, I have always been a fan of the Punto, even the Evo model looks great as an Abarth.

My brother in law has just picked up a 2010 A500 and it is a nice little car. Similar punch to our TB155 and it sounds awesome!
The abarth i have just got has a scorpion exhaust system and has a very deep sound on tick over.

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
I had a Punto Abarth as a loan car from the dealers a while back and it felt like a ten year old car complete with boomy exhaust and fussy old fashioned interior details. Not even as good as it's sister Mito. Don't do it!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a Punto Abarth as a loan car from the dealers a while back and it felt like a ten year old car complete with boomy exhaust and fussy old fashioned interior details. Not even as good as it's sister Mito. Don't do it!
Done deal mate, as soon as i saw and drove it today i was sold :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts