Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why oh why do punctures happen to the tyres with the best tread? I'm a bit anal when it comes to rubber, and insist on having good tyres, and all the same, so when I got my car I brought 2 Pilot Premacys at 125 quid each to match the front 2 tyres, therefore having 4 the same. So why do I get the car out yesterday, only to find one of the newer rear tyres, with loads of tread with a puncture, yet the fronts without much tread left are fine. To say I am guttet is an understatement and I had to shell out 125 quid I can ill afford. Damn nails, people need to take more care!

M

·
0 Posts
Gutted for you Captain. As Elfred suggested, you could possibly get it repaired, but if you are like me, then you won't fancey chancing it with the straightline and cornering speeds that these cars can deliver, and the resulting stress on a repair. I need to to get two new fronts for mine as the MOT is due in March, however, as they are basically on the limiters now, I will be getting them done in a week or so, certainley before the world record attempt in Febuary, I don't fancey getting pulled by the plod whilst there!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Gutted for you Captain. As Elfred suggested, you could possibly get it repaired, but if you are like me, then you won't fancey chancing it with the straightline and cornering speeds that these cars can deliver, and the resulting stress on a repair. I need to to get two new fronts for mine as the MOT is due in March, however, as they are basically on the limiters now, I will be getting them done in a week or so, certainley before the world record attempt in Febuary, I don't fancey getting pulled by the plod whilst there!
Were do you live......... Silverstone ?

There's nowt wrong with a repair

M

·
0 Posts
Were do you live......... Silverstone ?

There's nowt wrong with a repair
:cheese:
Please don't get me wrong, I have had repairs done on cars many years back.....but I would just prefer not to get a repair done, i'd now take the more expensive route of a new tyre. Thankfully, I have not had a puncture for years and years.......oh dear....that's gone and done it:lol:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
:cheese:
Please don't get me wrong, I have had repairs done on cars many years back.....but I would just prefer not to get a repair done, i'd now take the more expensive route of a new tyre. Thankfully, I have not had a puncture for years and years.......oh dear....that's gone and done it:lol:
But I like to live on the edge :D

Tbh if I paid £125 on a new Tyre then got a puncture I wouldn't buy a new Tyre no way

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
One of my rear tyres had a slow puncture caused by a nail. It had only been on for 1 year. Local indie tyre fitter repaired it FOC and it lasted another 2 years - certainly cheaper than £115 at the time for a new Good Year F1

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have had it fixed if I could, but I had driven on it for a short while without knowing and the inside of the tyre was damaged, and unable to be fixed.

·
Registered
929 Posts
We had some 'builders' working up the road, every time they opened their van door a big pile of screws and nails fell out onto the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts