Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think i may have slow puncture will find out in morning but currently in Devon woukd this be covered by Alfa Top Care?

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Think i may have slow puncture will find out in morning but currently in Devon woukd this be covered by Alfa Top Care?

Thanks
Just seen this, all ok? Always wondered what the hell I would do as to get a replacement tyre for a quad could be hard. Think there's a dealer in Exeter?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
I came out this morning to a puncture - looked in boot for tyre repair kit - nowhere to be seen, had to pump up with cycle track pump, managed to get it to 1.5 bar and limp to garage. Not happy

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine also doesn't have a repair kit or an inflator, not that I'm bothered about the repair kit. But there's space in the boot to store an inflator. So in the end I bought one just in case. Stupid cost / weight saving not supplying a spare, what are we supposed to do late at night? Imagine being somewhere with no lights ffs.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
all models with runflat tires do not have a repair kit (would be a bit superfluous), all models with "normal" tires should have the repair kit with gunk and compressor.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you perished from exposure on the top of Dartmoor?!
Ive just manged to get home...

You lot were no help!

Wasn't actually a puncture although i lost 0.3bar psi in the rear left in less than 30 mins and the warning came on as i was crossing exmoor. I stopped at my overnight stop and it hadn't lost anymore in the morning so i went and topped air up to heavy loads psi 3.1 i think. At the time of my warning i had a mild load as i hadn't picked my passenger and her stuff up yet.

anyway after that no issues and its retained pressure, i need to let some out now im back and unladen (well almost and soon enough thank *****)

i wish i had actually had a puncture as it might have given me an excuse to go home after realizing the mistake i had made!

Oh and i also got speeding ticket on the a30 near bodmin (hand held). 81 in 70...praying once i return the NIP i get awareness course.

Interested to know still if punctures are covered by top care...doubt many fitters have corsas available off the cuff, so what would they do?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Likewise, sounds like an interesting story... You didn't realise once you got there that she looked like a wild Exmoor pony did you?!

Did the copper not let you off cos you were driving a nice car? Shame on them. Or was it a cameravan? I bet you could have potentially gone fast enough that their camera wouldn't have even seen you too.

Sounds odd about the tyre, I also wonder what Topcare would do about a puncture

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts