Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple one this....

What part of the tyre when damaged means you cant get a puncture repair? Is it the side walls?

Went to Halfrauds to get some dot 5.1 clutch fluid and came away with a screw in the tyre... Awsome, another day another cost!!

Bloody spare wheel has never been used in the cars 10 years on the road.... Ive owned it 5 weeks!!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yes its the side walls. Cheap fix usually costs around a fiver to fix

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, ive got a good tyre man.

Puncture is right on the corner of the tyre, so im not sure if it is repairable.... Awful feeling il need a new tyre, and im skint!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I think it needs to be in the main 2/3rds of the tread.
Sidewall and corners are a no no

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You never know see what he says. Part worns might be your best bet

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, part worns best bet....

Need my tyre tho, the spare has a 60mph limit.... Its killing me on the motorway!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah look around for a part worn.... should get one for £30, i had same thing on rear, but i think mine was sabotage after parking in front of someones rear gate on bin day... oooops.

Big fook off screw into the corner of the tyre, was deemed unrepairable so found a good part worn for about £30... was better than the tyre i replaced so happy days.

I was told they could patch the old tyre but they said one slight bump on the corner would dislodge the repair patch inside and blow the tyre... which is why they dont do it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah look around for a part worn.... should get one for £30, i had same thing on rear, but i think mine was sabotage after parking in front of someones rear gate on bin day... oooops.

Big fook off screw into the corner of the tyre, was deemed unrepairable so found a good part worn for about £30... was better than the tyre i replaced so happy days.

I was told they could patch the old tyre but they said one slight bump on the corner would dislodge the repair patch inside and blow the tyre... which is why they dont do it.

Yeah, mine is in the exact same place. Luckily ive got a good tyre guy, so im hoping ive a bargain in stock for me!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah, mine is in the exact same place. Luckily ive got a good tyre guy, so im hoping ive a bargain in stock for me!
I was fuming when i found the screw... not something you can accuse anybody of doing but i find it hard to see how a screw could get buried nicely in the corner of the tyre, drivers side rear at that!

You haven't pissed anybody off in the last couple of days have you? lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Id been to halfrauds then asda. Luckily i spotted it at asda so could change it with loads of space.

Just got a part worn for £20, bargain!!! Pirelli, tread is like new.

Another £30 today fot the clutch fluid changing at garage and the car should be running as good as new (i hope, im skint now!)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I belive you can get them repaired but they have to be sent away, I have a brand new tyre with a screw in the tred (just!), garage said they cant patch it as it was on the edge but they can send it away at a cost of £25 :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The part worn is better than what i had, so im happy. Cant complain at £20.

Yeah, the spare is 80km... But i wasnt willing to go thay slow on the motorway, it was soooo tedious!!

Luckily wheel is back on!!

Vroooom vroooom! Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts