Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just about to pull the trigger and order a Misano Blue Veloce on 2 year PCH. It'll be my first ever Alfa, and reading the forums for the last few weeks seems like a good choice. Anything I should be wary of, or things to look out for?

Also, do you think Android Auto will be able to be retrofitted in future, and is it worth having?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Congrats! What other options are you going for?

I believe Android Auto / Apple Car Play is now an option. £300 if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
886 Posts
Aren't orderes closed until July or something, because factory is switching production lines to the new Euro emission standards?

Andorid Auto / Apple Carplay is an option for some time now.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi

Just about to pull the trigger and order a Misano Blue Veloce on 2 year PCH. It'll be my first ever Alfa, and reading the forums for the last few weeks seems like a good choice. Anything I should be wary of, or things to look out for?

Also, do you think Android Auto will be able to be retrofitted in future, and is it worth having?

Congratulations!

If the car's not already in stock or on the production line it will probably be September/October before you get it. Have you checked this?

As for Android Auto/Apple CarPlay retrofit. I, and many on here, have discussed this over the last few months and general consensus at this point, after much research (and some conflicting information), is that it cannot be retrofitted. If it's not ordered at the factory, regardless of the hardware supporting it, it cannot be enabled at a later date (by a supported method anyway, like a dealer etc.). There have been differing opinions on guiliaforums.com (US forum) about this but they get it as standard now anyway I think on Ti models (their Veloce equivalent).

I think general opinion on Android Auto though is it's not really worth it at the moment. CarPlay may be another matter.

Happy to be corrected though.

S

·
0 Posts
Android auto is excellent - it was fantastic on my VRS.

It depends how Alfa have implemented it though.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi

Guess you're buying it from Beechdale as they are the only people I know doing this great deal and I know they have some Misano Blue Veloces "in the pipeline".

I "pulled the trigger" on one two weeks ago. They are pretty much standard spec but that is no real problem on a Veloce.

Just fingers crossed now that it actually turns up.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Congratulations ... you’ll love it

Had mine since late October last year, it’s an amazing car.

Puts a smile on my face every time I push the start button ... and that can take some doing at 5:30am on a Monday morning

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently Giulia orders are not yet affected by the shutdown so can still be taken.

However, yes I'm chatting to Beechdale as they have a couple of cars available.

Think I'm going to go with turbine alloys instead of 5 hole that they have o. One of the other cars. I think turbines look better with misano blue. Only other decision is whether to have yellow calipers, but I can't find pics of the turbines with painted calipers. On the configuration it looks like the alloy spokes cover up most of the calipers

·
Registered
829 Posts
I was told that Giulia orders are affected by the shutdown and that I would be looking an October delivery if I placed a new order now.

Also, the two year deal (which is attractive due to the £7,450 discount) would not be available on a non stock ("in the pipeline") vehicle.

The only options available when I placed my order were also five hole alloys and yellow calipers, neither of which I wanted. Plenty of videos on You Tube of blue cars with yellow calipers.

Suppose things can change in a fortnight.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be fair, each dealer I've spoken to has given a different answer on lead time for a new order. Im happy with the standard spec, so hopefully I'll be in of the few, or only, misano cars on central Scotland.... Should stand out a bit from all the grey and black German cars

I think I'm going to go with a 2 year PCH as its a good bit cheaper than the PCP offers. Does anyone know what Leasys are like for extending the lease at the end of the term, or offering a purchase?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Apparently Giulia orders are not yet affected by the shutdown so can still be taken.

Think I'm going to go with turbine alloys instead of 5 hole that they have o. One of the other cars. I think turbines look better with misano blue. Only other decision is whether to have yellow calipers, but I can't find pics of the turbines with painted calipers. On the configuration it looks like the alloy spokes cover up most of the calipers

Different colours but will hopefully help:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think I'm going to go with a 2 year PCH as its a good bit cheaper than the PCP offers. Does anyone know what Leasys are like for extending the lease at the end of the term, or offering a purchase?

Sorry, didn't read your original post properly, thought you were looking at a two year PCP like me, not a PCH.

I like to keep my Alfas for a few years (have had my Brera twelve years now) and if the deal works out as promised I will end up paying £31,500 for a £39,000 car.

Better than Carwow type prices and with two years virtually interest free credit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
To be fair, each dealer I've spoken to has given a different answer on lead time for a new order. Im happy with the standard spec, so hopefully I'll be in of the few, or only, misano cars on central Scotland.... Should stand out a bit from all the grey and black German cars

Hi I am located in Falkirk with a Misano blue, yellow calipers, diamond
cut wheels who knows our paths could cross

·
Registered
969 Posts

Autoscout24 is usually a good place to find a Guilia for sale with specific specs, as it covers all of Europe. Maybe you'll find some with what you're after so you can see the combo.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you got pics? Just been told I can get one with dual 5 spoke diamond cut instead if I prefer

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
so hopefully I'll be in of the few, or only, misano cars on central Scotland.... Should stand out a bit from all the grey and black German cars

Misano Blue is everywhere in Central Scotland :biglaugh:

IMG_0761.jpg IMG_0756.jpg

·
Registered
445 Posts
Does anyone know what Leasys are like for extending the lease at the end of the term, or offering a purchase?
Depends on the terms of the specific contract, but usually PCH does not offer this level of flexibility, same goes for early termination.

PCP is the better choice if you want flexibility.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts