Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
i pulled my girlfriend in my old car cause she had been warned that i was a car nut and she thinks anyone driving porsche, merc, bmw etc is sad so when i turned up to meet her in an 11yo fiesta she knew i wasnt a poser :) she loves the alfa but there was alot more room in the fiesta ;)

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,539 Posts
I can't say that I 'pulled' in my GTV6, but my goodness it was a conversation starter. I have lost count of the number of times people would come up to me to ask about it, or just make a comment.

- girl in the petrol station: 'that's a lovely car', just after a guy filling up a Volvo said 'that's a rare car. I remember them. You don't see them very often'.

- again, in a petrol station, an older gent walks over to me and says 'it's a GTV6 isn't it? Best drive I have ever had was in a GTV6, taking it from Scotland to London...' he went on...

- 'now that my friend, is a thing of beauty' was the respond I got when i came to find my 6 surrounded by 3 men. 'Oh right', I said. 'I thought that you were all stood there laughing at my rubbish parking'.

- 'mate!' the driver of the SLK opposite shouted; 'your car sounds gorgeous'

- as the cyclist rode past with his cycle posse, he stopped, leaned in and said 'lovely car mate'

- the lady with the classy hair and dress came over and said 'i had one of these once. it was so smooth, like silk' she said.

and so many, many more.

You know, I don't think a GTV6 is utterly lovely to look at (yeah ok, I do), but it's a car you can appreciate for its beauty. It doesn't offend people as a brash extenstion of your wallet, your ego, you inner-child issues; it's just a lovely car that envokes a happy, warm glow. No one resents you a GTV6 - and I think that's true of many Alfas.

g

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Decky,

It sounds like you've got yourself a woman with a brain in her head and a good degree of sense. Hang onto her. :)

Scudetto,
If you like talking to people about your car buy a convertible. :D Seriously I've had more conversations while driving along or stopped at a light than you can imagine. You'd be in your glory, especially when driving through the Italian neighbourhoods. :)
--Toronto

·
Registered
662 Posts
damn right shes one in a million :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Not in the Alfa...

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Did you try stuffing 3 pairs of sock down your pants...? That might enhance your "charisma" with the ladiess.. ;)
No - there's no room :lol:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I havn't pulled because of my car, if anything it far from impressed my current Girlfriend. If a car has less then five doors and room for a dog in the boot she considers it poinless!! My 3 door 147 is therefore 'pathetically small' in her opinion. What does she drive? A Skoda Felicia Estate! Class is just lost on some people. haha.

I do get a lot of compliments from the Girls at work though and some of the single mothers at the football club I coach for....

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts