Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update pics posted

i thought today why was i putting off the rest of my upgrades just because i dont have the £600 funds for pulleys.

so i decided im going to make some as i have a couple of spares cam pulleys.

did a cardboard mock up and it looks like it will be fairly easy , and just employ the local engineer works to help me balance them :biglaugh::thumbup:

i will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
i thought today why was i putting off the rest of my upgrades just because i dont have the £600 funds for pulleys.

so i decided im going to make some as i have a couple of spares cam pulleys.

did a cardboard mock up and it looks like it will be fairly easy , and just employ the local engineer works to help me balance them :biglaugh::thumbup:

i will let you know how it goes
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/95/00/40/p1010019.jpg

like these you mean... or steel to steel.. found a place that will do them for me but need to lay out £3000 for 20 sets lol

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 sets £360 a set for 4

15 sets £300 a set

20 sets £240 a set
Good prices but its hard work getting people to commit :biglaugh:

i thought i was near the end of my project that was meant to last 6 months , how wrong i was and this forum doesnt help someone always has a idea and i have to jump onboard :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completed my mock up and all looks good the real pain was the rotating plate has to be pressed in on the front bank pulleys. Ive given them to my Eigineers shop who will balance and check it over.

If successful anyone else want the adjustable pulley conversion wont know complete price until i speak to the Engineers again but as a guess with your pulleys and using stainless hex bolts and all the work about £100-£150.
and depending if you want Anodising etc

I will post my pics when i get it back

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry ive taken a while to update, Ive been lazy and not done any work on the pulley's.

I did the mock up as mentioned in last post and all worked well so ive started again and i will post pics of each part.

1st pic is the slip disks made with no drilling . All ive done is cut the 4 disks with holes in center and pressed the 2 disks for the front cylinder bank as the pulley's are not flat , So they are pressed to make a shallow cone shape so they fit flush with the pulley's.

the next stage will be clean polish the disks and then make a new template for drilling the securing bolts (which are m6 Stainless steel hex bolts) There will be 4x Bolts (set in a slip cut) and 4x inner bolts holding the center of pulley firm.

More to come

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts