Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into the car last night during a heavy downpour and found a puddle of water in the
passenger footwell.
I can't for the life of me find how it got there.
Any ideas where I could be leaking?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Could be a build up of crud under the scuttle panels

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I reckon you could sell the organic matter that you remove as compost :lol:

·
Banned
857 Posts
Check out my post in this thread. Picture there of the drain holes for the plenum on a GT, but I imagine the 156 will be similar.

I had exactly the same problem and this cured it. If the water can't drain from the plenum it'll eventually spill over into the car through the ventilation system intake.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
There is also a drain pipe from the AC which sometimes comes loose and soaks the floor, but in this case it must be a clocked up pipe behind the scuttle panel.

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
376 Posts
Hi
Yes I had the same problem on my 1.8 TS Sportwagon. It was the drain hole behinf the scuttle panel. Full of leaves and suchlike. Clean it out and problem solved.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Took wiper arms off. Unable to fully remove scuttle panel trim and screws at the top of the trim (next to windscreen) very rusty and wouldn't budge. Able to lift trim enough to look into plenum chamber and whilst there were some leaves and crud in there, it wasn't a huge amount. Removed said leaves and crud. Poked finger into drain tube and it seemed clear. Poured water into plenum chamber and it drained out quickly enough, so I don't think this is the cause. :confused::confused::confused:

Will have to see if I can see the aircon drain off pipe and take it from there

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a look yesterday and found a lot of foliage there. cleared it out and will have to see what happens after the next downpour.
Thanks for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts