Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan, just looking at the AHM website (sadly enough) and Adie now does a kit to convert a 166 3.0 engine (which I believe you've got into your car) to a 3.8l ... AH Motorsports ... come on you must be tempted :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
there is a lot you can do to the 3.0 engine to make it much faster before going 3.8, ask CPH, he has had great power before boring/stroking to 3.8

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
there is a lot you can do to the 3.0 engine to make it much faster before going 3.8, ask CPH, he has had great power before boring/stroking to 3.8
what do you mean by great power,jasons?
We have built some of the quickest and most reliable 3L both for road and competition,proven!!
But there is no substitute for cu inches.:)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
We have built some of the quickest and most reliable 3L both for road and competition,proven!!
I agree on the cubes, that's why I enjoy 5.0V8, 4.0 supercharged etc.

Its good to see you have screwed good times (power) from the 3L too, I know it can be done.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Hi AT, just out of interest what kind of power figures can be had out of a 3.0 in a reliable road form with out upping the cc ?? :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Hi AT, just out of interest what kind of power figures can be had out of a 3.0 in a reliable road form with out upping the cc ?? :thumbs:
Depends which way you go,but about 310 ,before it starts becoming too expensive not to justify spending a bit more and going for capacity increase:)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
310 :wow::wow: bloody hell, what kind of rpm is that figure achieved at? :D:thumbs:
100bhp per litre is relatively easy to achieve on an NA engine ... although as AT said much more after that and it gets expensive ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts