Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
45,952 Posts
Looks good in the pics but the perhaps more of a sheep in wolf's clothing? 'Event' and 'Achilles' tyres. Standard front brakes. That closeup of the suspension says a lot too - cheap zinc galv coilovers, probably from ebay, Birth droplinks, standard anti roll bar, standard brake flexis. They've spent time & money on the bodywork and it looks good for it, but they seem to have forgotten the essentials for driving it hard. Its a 2.4 diesel too, strange choice for a track car. I love my 2.4 diesel but my track car is a 3.2 V6, much superior on a circuit.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
It has the "WTCC body". Nothing else mentioned.

I'd expect anyone on here to be interested in all the modifications and therefore how competitive the car would be.

Yes, it looks the part but that is probably as far as it goes, unfortunately and it is not a good advert for selling something advertised as a "trac car" which I assume is different to a track car. Sounds like a legal get out or just an idiot seller.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It looks very good
It should go and stop like it looks though and it prob doesnt! Even if its mapped to 210bhp, it really should have 300+ with that body.
At 3.5k it cant be anything great.
Its like buying Beyonce online (from a blokes pov) but realising when you get her home its a bloke dressed up....ie doesn't have the right plumbing ?

·
Registered
638 Posts
It looks very good
It should go and stop like it looks though and it prob doesnt! Even if its mapped to 210bhp, it really should have 300+ with that body.
Its like buying Beyonce online (from a blokes pov) but realising when you get her home its a bloke dressed up....ie doesn't have the right plumbing ?
How difficult would it be to switch it petrol?

·
Registered
609 Posts
It looks very good
How difficult would it be to switch it petrol?
I have no idea....
I guess the only real option for it would be the 3.2, i heard somewhere it can be bored out to 3.8!??

Anyway, i imagine EVERYTHING would have to be swapped over.

I wonder how difficult/easy it would be to put that bodywork onto a GTA ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did anyone else spot the "***** romeo owners club" windscreen banner? :grumpy:

The body kit looks awesome, but otherwise im not terribly impressed, i mean, a full stripped out track-car, but no cage? And indeed, this needs a high revving screamy V6, not a diesel, no matter how nice the 2.4 is for cruising.

Which reminds me, i rather badly need to find a 1:18 155 DTM for the collection

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did anyone else spot the "***** romeo owners club" windscreen banner? :grumpy:

The body kit looks awesome, but otherwise im not terribly impressed, i mean, a full stripped out track-car, but no cage? And indeed, this needs a high revving screamy V6, not a diesel, no matter how nice the 2.4 is for cruising.

Which reminds me, i rather badly need to find a 1:18 155 DTM for the collection
As much as the replica for sale above looks great, I'd love a real 155 touring car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts