Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eldest daughter just opened a letter to discover she has got her first speeding fine. 68 in a sixty section of motorway. Driving an Alfa. Got my first around the same age in a Jaguar. It's in the genes.......three points and a hundred quid. Could be worse.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
My eldest daughter just opened a letter to discover she has got her first speeding fine. 68 in a sixty section of motorway. Driving an Alfa. Got my first around the same age in a Jaguar. It's in the genes.......three points and a hundred quid. Could be worse.
Which bit of motorway?

I've been taking one of my sons around different Uni Open Days.

I got a "Penalty Charge Notice" letter. Thought it was a speeding fine as I had bombed it down the A303 to Exeter at warp-speed.

Turned out to be a bus lane charge from Leicester City Council....we went out for a curry (after visiting Loughborough Uni) and got lost in Leicester City centre at 11pm....drove in a bus lane by mistake...(no buses running at that time of night).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She got done on the M5. Regular trip for our family. Bad luck getting done in Leicester. It's a ***** there. Locals get done. The mayor hates cars and shows it. The council make millions a year from those bus lane cameras. A sign clearly displayed would be good but they don't put one up......

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Very unlucky to get that.
I was told by a copper the rule was 10% + 3 mph.
I guess the cameras are set for just over 60 then, unless they were average speed cameras in which case it's to be expected, no excuses.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was a temporary camera on the M5 she got done on. Three points is ok,hundred quid not a big fine. It's the price you pay for enjoying speed.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
She needs to be mega-careful for a while, remember......6 points within two years of passing test waves bye-bye to your licence......... :)

Reactions: TonyGr

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's 23 and been passed since she was 17 so fortunately she has avoided that bullet. She drives confidently and quickly......I can't think who she gets that from......my own licence is littered with speeding fines and points.....been done on motorbikes,cars,vans,rigids and arctics....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts