Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pay peanuts get monkeys has never been more appropriate when it comes to Protyre in Gloucester: cut long story short they fixed puncture I drove to NI and back in torrential rain, back in UK Golf (daily driver) fails MoT on (amongst other things) tyre fitted wrong way round! - winter tyres are very directional - back to PT, fixes that, no word of apology or money back despite my pointing out the downsides of fitting a tyre wrong way round - waiting call back from their customer service manager - just going to make sure that as many people as possible know how bad they are - pass it on please
Update: called customer service manager - he apologised and will send me a £20 voucher - woo hoo to spend at you guessed it protyre - guess that's not going to happen then...
Just noticed when they refitted the tyre they put the balance weight on the outside of the alloy instead on inside - is there no end to their incompetence

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Just noticed when they refitted the tyre they put the balance weight on the outside of the alloy instead on inside - is there no end to their incompetence

They are not the only ones to descend to such depths of sheer crappiness. The same thing happened to me when I used K~~~ Fit. All part of Life's rich tapestry ;)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stroud tyres are pretty good as are Warwick car co in Stroud - I usually buy tyres over the interweb and use one of the companies listed to fit them, for my Spider I had the tyres delivered to Warwick and they fitted them, they were careful, friendly and did a good job, I think anywhere that isn't a large barn with flashy alloys in the reception and inhabited by people claiming to be tyre fitters is probably OK.
KF have a reputation second to none, again, pay peanuts.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Chris Mullins Tyres

I massively recommend Chris Mullins tyres on the Bristol Road in Gloucester.

Chris is a top bloke and all of the guys that work there and they make a point of being really careful and particular about each job.

I know this sounds like an advert but I promise I have no links to them in any way other than having taken my cars there for years and always recommend them.

They don't over sell certain brands and they *want* to get your alignment bang on rather than just rushing you out. Plus, I would be amazed if they ever fitted a tyre the wrong way!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I massively recommend Chris Mullins tyres on the Bristol Road in Gloucester.

Chris is a top bloke and all of the guys that work there and they make a point of being really careful and particular about each job.

I know this sounds like an advert but I promise I have no links to them in any way other than having taken my cars there for years and always recommend them.

They don't over sell certain brands and they *want* to get your alignment bang on rather than just rushing you out. Plus, I would be amazed if they ever fitted a tyre the wrong way!
:thumbs: 100% Agree with this. Great crew at Chris Mullins. They took 2 hours to do my tracking last year rather than giving up like alot of other garages do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts