Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proton is in talks with GM, VW and Peugeot for a possible partnership and equity participation. Given the poor shape the company's in, I reckon this is one marque destined for the graveyard once taken over by one of these biggies ...

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Don't think the government will let that happen especially with the general election expected late this year or early next year. There are a few local conglomerates interested in taking over Proton too.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
This could put Lotus under threat too eh ?? :(

Lets hope the government does step in !! :)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
They have been talking for quite some time now. I think the whole country is waiting to see where this is heading.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
A friend of mine was once caught having one. Apparently the cops have an equipment that detects radar detectors. The penalty of having one is 10 times more than a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
A radar detector doesn't transmit any radio signal, it just detects the presence of one in the same band and frequency that speed cameras use. For a long time the Plod' would prosecute them until someone successfully appealed that they don't actually broadcast any signal and are therefore legal to own.

Ralf S.

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ralf S. said:
until someone successfully appealed
I get the impression, though I could be completely wrong, that the successful appeal bit may be a tad tough to achieve in Malaysia...

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
proton? ugh.

excuse my ignorance, but what it is about Proton that's got VW interested? Is it to do with Proton providing them with an entry level brand below Skoda, or cheaper manufacturing or something?

g

T

·
0 Posts
vdub would be the best bet. gm got out of their deal with fiat. and are struggling. and peugeot seem to be suffering horrific quality problems at the moment. but money talks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts