Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a good one I'm interested in buying. Mine looks like someone has been practicing golf against it.

Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It would probably be a good idea to specify which car you are talking about, as there may be differences between the phases and the GTV and Spider.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would probably be a good idea to specify which car you are talking about, as there may be differences between the phases and the GTV and Spider.
Ah, I thought all doors were the same, cheers.

It's for a Phase 2 1999 CF2 V6.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Ah, I thought all doors were the same, cheers.

It's for a Phase 2 1999 CF2 V6.
So that's a GTV not a Spider then?
On the grounds that they never officially imported CF2 V6 spiders into the UK. Unless it's a LHD phase 2 V6 12v CF2 spider?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You can't really put a phase 1 door on a later car ( door check strap ). Other than that you should be OK.
PKR I am intrigued. I used a phase 2 check strap on my phase 1 Spider by enlarging the hole it fits through in the door. I read your cruise control piece by the way. Blimey O'Reilly that was a project and a half. Respect.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep a phase 2 GTV. Might be struggling to find one but don't really want to cover the current door in filler.
Thanks for clarifying folks.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
PKR I am intrigued. I used a phase 2 check strap on my phase 1 Spider by enlarging the hole it fits through in the door. I read your cruise control piece by the way. Blimey O'Reilly that was a project and a half. Respect.
Exactly. It can be done, but metal work needed.

Thanks. Quite a bit more difficult than retro fitting climate control, but quite enjoyable.

Yep a phase 2 GTV. Might be struggling to find one but don't really want to cover the current door in filler.
Thanks for clarifying folks.
Is it beyond paintless dent removal?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been looked at by a dent guy while front bumper is being painted and they said there's too much work involved.
Might be an idea to get a second opinion, just thought if a decent door comes up it would be cheaper... The door is peppered!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts