Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering putting a shield covering on the front of my spider to cut down on the stone chips ,i have had prices from £1.350 to £650 to do this ,has any one done this to their alfa and if you have are you happy with it:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I looked in to this when I had my red 159 Ti and found it was cheaper just to get the front end resprayed a couple of times. Which is exactly what I did. That way you don't end up with the horrible lines of the shield wraps and them going yellow over time.

When the odd chip appears I used the Chipex kit to hide them.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked in to this when I had my red 159 Ti and found it was cheaper just to get the front end resprayed a couple of times. Which is exactly what I did. That way you don't end up with the horrible lines of the shield wraps and them going yellow over time.

When the odd chip appears I used the Chipex kit to hide them.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I think that maybe on your car it's a good idea as I'm sure that to get a bodyshop to match 8C red could be difficult. The 'nicotine' yellow discolouration only seems to notice on white cars so I shouldn't worry about that too much.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that maybe on your car it's a good idea as I'm sure that to get a bodyshop to match 8C red could be difficult. The 'nicotine' yellow discolouration only seems to notice on white cars so I shouldn't worry about that too much.
that is what i was thinking

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had it on my 8C red Giulietta but I have to say it wasn't worth the money.
Worst of all, it chips!
It also starts to come away as dirt gets underneath it.
The fit even by an expert will always have dust under it, some bubbling, misalignment and stretching.
Waste of time.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it on my 8C red Giulietta but I have to say it wasn't worth the money.
Worst of all, it chips!
It also starts to come away as dirt gets underneath it.
The fit even by an expert will always have dust under it, some bubbling, misalignment and stretching.
Waste of time.
thanks for that ,out of interest who did it for you

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Has anyone had this done recently? I have read a few bits about it and seems the technology has come on a lot....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts