Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this forum so please go easy with me.

I'm seriously considering placing an order for a new mito. I've been round a couple of dealers to look at their cars, pick up a brochure/price list but not yet booked a test drive (I normally decide on a car based on looks, price and reviews - then test drive to confirm).

I've made a decision on engine and trim - 120bhp + veloce but can't decide on the colour.

I originally thought that it had to be Alfa Red but now I think that may be a little too popular (even though I still haven't seen any mitos on the road). Black looks nice but again may be a little too popular. Now I'm thinking - White - which appears to be comming back into fashion especially on 'sporty' cars. But there are 2 whites, I'm not sure what the difference is? are they special in any way because they both appear to cost an extra £400.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Welcome! Stick around and get to know the place.

Why would you care whether the colour you are looking at is popular or not?? Get the colour you like and damn the rest of us.

Having said that I think it looks best for everyday in Etna Black, yellow looks amazing but just couldn't live with it long term.

GK

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll obviously choose a colour I like and one that suits the car but I'd also like the car to stand out - not that it wouldn't with any colour.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome to AO forum!! :)

I chose a white MiTo! and I know what you mean by wanting to be different on the road haha
hmmmm.... I can't even remember which white I ordered 2 be real honest with u... :S but I'll check.

Cud u possible wait a week or so? Coz I'll probably collect after monday (when my exams finish) and when I get my plate certificate from DVLA :) (hopefully in the enxt couple of days)
Then I'll post pics up on here n u can decide which white u want :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yikes!!! :wow: I'd check!!! Biancospino White is slightly creamy but still brightish white. Gardenia White....is a strange champagne / gold / green-tinged almost..."old-person" (my opinion only haha) colour ...not really white at all You might be disappointed!

Biancospino white is nice...although some always criticise white for being the colour of Police cars and vans.

I have Etna Black.....makes the chrome touches really stand out and looks expensive.

B

·
0 Posts
'White' white is "Biancospino White" and looks nice on the Mito, Gardenia White is very nice too and quite funky (it's the colour on the Mito GTA if you google that), it looks nothing like the horrible browny-white which it appears in the brochure but instead looks like white but with a very nice metallic depth to it, although it's not my cup of tea, it's a nice colour and will be quite unique as it really does bear no resemblance to the colour shown in the brochure (which is what I presume techwork is referring to.)

If you can find any Fiat dealers with 500's in stock it's the same paint as "Funk White" on that.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Red is proper colour for Alfa Romeo so Alfa red is good, well i am slightly biased as my current 147 is red and my ordered Mito is Alfa Red. Ordered 120 Veloce myself with 18" Wheels

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
When I chose black I was kind of thinking to myself that it would be a relatively rare choice, but after joining this forum I have noticed most people have a black mito :p
I like the black colour, I think it makes it look more sinister, as a bright coloured mito is like a smily face

·
Registered
23 Posts
Indeed, but I can't believe that it costs a further 400 smooth though! :rant:

It's only the flat black which comes as standard... and Alfa are so proud of their creation of Alfa Red. Quite shocking that they now blatantly cash in on the colour - even though it's still flat and not metallic or pearlescent! :tut:
Yeah i must admit i hat it when manufacturers do that, offer one or two standard colours and charge you rediculous amounts for the rest. "Special paint" my ***

·
Registered
187 Posts
Saw one at Platts of longton last thursday I think it was, poor owner was waiting for his private plate to get sorted out. Looked fantastic by the way, not white at all, definitely a champagne colour...

J.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you look at the white number plate against the Gardenia Whitel you can clearly see that its NOT WHITE..the Gardenia word hints at the greeny / golden tinge.

I'm not sure that the Mito GTA is shown in this colour..think Bootsock might be mistaken ((but then again I'm not an expert))

·
Registered
309 Posts
because the "other" white is gold and I'm sure you haven't chose that.
OMG! So smart!! hahaha

Coz of u guys, I got worried on which white I actually bought so i just went and looked at the documents. It said that I bought the Biancospino White! Thank-god for that!!! :lol:

Coz on the day we bought the car,, I don't think there was the white car to view. So I just went with wtever my dealer said looks nicer and stuff :lol: My mum was just like 'yer ok, we'll pick that white' and I was like 'wtever. I get the car' :cheese::cheese:

B

·
0 Posts
If you look at the white number plate against the Gardenia Whitel you can clearly see that its NOT WHITE..the Gardenia word hints at the greeny / golden tinge.

I'm not sure that the Mito GTA is shown in this colour..think Bootsock might be mistaken ((but then again I'm not an expert))
I think the thing with Gardenia White is you really need to see it in person to know what it looks like.

It's similar in effect to Etna Black i.e. that looks black but it can look distinctly red, similarly Gardenia White can look white, or a sort of champagne colour, or somewhere in between - depends upon the light really (or how clean your car is! :)).

I'm not convinced it's a great colour for the Mito, but it looks good on the Fiat 500 (as Funk White).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts